Notification Application

Wintrmte

Reaction score
All,

I recently had to replace my Motorola Droid and I had an application that would allow me to set custom LED colors based on which kind of notification I had waiting for my attention.

Specifically, it let me setup an LED notification for when I received gmail messages and such.

For the life of me, I cannot seem to remember which application that was. :( Anyone know of such an app?

tdawg5480

Reaction score
smspopup i know lets you customize led
All,

I recently had to replace my Motorola Droid and I had an application that would allow me to set custom LED colors based on which kind of notification I had waiting for my attention.

Specifically, it let me setup an LED notification for when I received gmail messages and such.

For the life of me, I cannot seem to remember which application that was. :( Anyone know of such an app?

OP
W

Wintrmte

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies -- will Hancent do LED notifications based on Gmail new messages, though?

sherylhs

Reaction score
I'm not completely clear on what you are asking, so I will tell you how it works for me and you can decide.

I have one color set up for text messages; one color set up for missed calls (probably the same for voicemails, but I never really noticed); and the green default I left alone and that's how I know I have emails (gmail).

I love it because I don't have to 'wake up' my phone to see what I may have missed.

Plus? It's free, can't hurt to try it.

~S

clyons077

Reaction score
try missed call

I have Missed Call, but how do I set it up to notify on new email though? If I add a new service, I don't see Email listed.

It's not included in Missed Call... you have to suffer with the green LED...

k9mail has the ability (with another program off the market) to display an SMSpopup-like alert when you have a new email message... however, it was really buggy for me when I tried it...

OP
W

Wintrmte

Reaction score
try missed call

I have Missed Call, but how do I set it up to notify on new email though? If I add a new service, I don't see Email listed.

It's not included in Missed Call... you have to suffer with the green LED...

k9mail has the ability (with another program off the market) to display an SMSpopup-like alert when you have a new email message... however, it was really buggy for me when I tried it...

That's the funny thing, I used to have the green LED notification prior to replacing my phone, now I don't have it at all. I'm just trying to figure out how I get the green notification LED back..