notepad with 2-way sync?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
is there a notepad app that is capable of 2-way syncing, preferrably over the air?

gDocs Notepad and NoteEverything have that capability. In the case of NoteEverything (an excellent note taking application), the link to GDocs on the web may exist only in the paid version; I'm not sure.

jimnutt

Reaction score
Second Evernote. And it's good for more than just text, it also handles audio notes, snapshots and other files. Plus there are windows, mac, winmo, blackberry, iphone clients as well as a pretty good web client (oh, and of course an android client).

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually as I re-read the OP's request, I think the only one of the apps mentioned here that provides for true 2-way synch is gDocs. The others allow the user to upload notes to a site where they can be stored but only gDocs allows for editing and synchronization on both sides.

Evernote, for example, does not allow for downloading from one's Evernote account, only adding material to that account.

NoteEverything is similar (though it provides for some other features missing from Evernote.)

jimnutt

Reaction score
Evernote, for example, does not allow for downloading from one's Evernote account, only adding material to that account.

No, you can update and download notes from your evernote account on the droid. I do it all the time. It doesn't store them locally (except for a cache), but you can easily update notes that you've already entered. Just enter a query into the search box on the evernote client and it will pull up all the notes that match. From there you can select them to view and edit.