Note 4 - Bluetooth to 2 Devices Simultaneously?

MrLich

Reaction score
Heya gang,

I finally swapped out my Droid 4 to a Note 4. I drive for a living (all day every day) and I'm thinking about getting a smartwatch to avoid touching my phone.

The problem is that I pipe all my audio through the car from my phone via bluetooth. Anyone have any insight as to whether or not I'll be able to connect both devices (car and smartwatch) to my Note 4 at the same time (all day every day)?

Thanks in advance for any help/insight!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think I tried this same setup & it worked like a charm, but it was a while back if I did & I can't say so with 100% certainty. If no one else pipes in, I'll try again tomorrow. We took the Mrs's car out tonight & she doesn't have Bluetooth.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
MrLich

MrLich

Reaction score
Thanks! I would love to know for sure before I drop a couple hundred bucks for a smartwatch. Not that I couldn't take it back if it doesn't work, but it would be a PITA.

Rowlette

Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
I used Starlink but not too much of a fan. Just wish I could use MirrorLink but no go w/ Lollipop and Native 1.1 . I been hoping for open source I can only hope.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Turbo owner chiming in. This should really have nothing to do with the phone. More of an Android feature.
You should have ZERO issues with this. I have my watch always connected 100% of the time. I use BT in my Volvo and my Saab to stream music and have never had any issues. I also have a BT speaker at home and it also works flawlessly.

Get that watch, my friend.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Turbo owner chiming in. This should really have nothing to do with the phone. More of an Android feature.
You should have ZERO issues with this. I have my watch always connected 100% of the time. I use BT in my Volvo and my Saab to stream music and have never had any issues. I also have a BT speaker at home and it also works flawlessly.

Get that watch, my friend.
Oh crap! Forgot all about that! While I can't recall if I've used BT in my car along with the watch, I most definitely have used my BT headphones and BT speaker while the watch was connected. Guess that's what I get for trying to respond to threads while having a couple of drinks... Haha!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just to add my 2 cents also. Get the watch, you will love it. And I have had my phone connected to my watch, BT ear piece for calls only and BT stereo for music all at the same time on many occasions and Android handles all three like a champ! You should have no trouble connecting to a watch and your vehicle at the same time.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Heya gang,

I finally swapped out my Droid 4 to a Note 4. I drive for a living (all day every day) and I'm thinking about getting a smartwatch to avoid touching my phone.

The problem is that I pipe all my audio through the car from my phone via bluetooth. Anyone have any insight as to whether or not I'll be able to connect both devices (car and smartwatch) to my Note 4 at the same time (all day every day)?

Thanks in advance for any help/insight!
Yes. I'm guessing you want to control the music player with your watch. I do it on both my Fit and S. You can also have a Bluetooth earpiece for calls as well. It'll pause the music on your phone and connect to the earpiece when you get a call, resume music when you end the call. To do that you just uncheck calls under your automobiles Bluetooth setting on the Note4, otherwise it'll pipe all audio and calls to the vehicle, which sounds like what you want anyway.