Non-Working Phone

jerryc41

Reaction score
I occasionally like to use my Droid X as a phone - yes, it has that feature, too, in addition to everything else it can do.

Here's the problem. When I place a call, it goes through, but I hear absolutely nothing, not even the ringing. The person I am calling hears their phone ring, but they cannot hear me, and I cannot hear them. This happens almost every day. Sometimes, if I shut down and restart - which takes time - it will work OK. Sometimes I have to do that restart a couple of times.

Is this a common problem? Is there a solution?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a factory reset? If you're not footed this is all you can try. If you're rooted, you can flash the correct SBF. Maybe something didn't get updated correctly.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
With a factory reset, I'll lose everything, won't I? Apps, pictures, addresses, etc.

Apps will redownload, but any saved data will be lost from the apps.

Pictures will stay, they are saved on the SD card, which is not affected by the reset.

Addresses and phone contacts will stay, they are saved "in the cloud" on google servers.

You know i had heard i could use my X for phone calls, but i thought it was just a myth :)

OP
J

jerryc41

Reaction score
Yes, you actually can use your Droid X as a phone, under the right conditions. I must say, though, that it is so much better than the iPhones I had. They were nice-looking, and had lots of apps, but making a call on AT&T's network was hit or miss.