No Wi-Fi toggle in notification widgets

Skyrocketing

Reaction score
I got my Galaxy S III today and I'm absolutely loving it, but I just noticed I have no Wi-Fi toggle in the notification widgets! The left-most toggle for me is Bluetooth. Anyone else have this problem?

imp3r10

Reaction score
There is none for us version. Samsung released an update for international versions but US will take much longer since carriers have to get involved

coogi97

Reaction score
I have the galaxy s3 from sprint and I have the to ogle switch

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I have the Verizon S3 and when I pull down the notifications it has a section called Ongoing. Under that it says to tap to turn on wifi (if it is off, when it is on it says to tap to turn on). Not sure how I got that to appear. I think just setting up wifi and turning it on did it.

HavoC

Reaction score
I have the Verizon S3 and when I pull down the notifications it has a section called Ongoing. Under that it says to tap to turn on wifi (if it is off, when it is on it says to tap to turn on). Not sure how I got that to appear. I think just setting up wifi and turning it on did it.

Yeah for some reason the Verizon version of this phone has it set up like that, it's beyond lame and I think the only way to get rid of it is to be rooted, and run some sort of command from the terminal emulator lol. Droid-Life had an article about it a few days ago but I don't have a link on me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

backlash

Reaction score
You can blame Verizon for that one. I had the phone on t-mobile and there was a WiFi toggle in the notification/widget area. I'm not a fan of what Verizon did there.

cwbcpa

Reaction score
I was wondering about this. Thanks for the thread. I can't understand why Verizon did this. So there is no way to customize the buttons without rooting?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I was wondering about this. Thanks for the thread. I can't understand why Verizon did this. So there is no way to customize the buttons without rooting?

Take a look at the "Notification Toggle" app two posts before yours. It may do what you want.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Anyone else also notice that the phone searches for wifi with wifi off...not cool at all..waste of battery and processor..also everytime u try to go online the window pops up asking you if you want to turn wifi on now, always, or to remind me later...there is no never ask again button..very annoying.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2