No voicemail notifications! Why? Thanks

Mondingo

Reaction score
Hey guys! Do any of you know why my phone will not notify me of New voice mail messages? All my other notifications work. But not voicemail... Any ideas? Thanks..

Bad ass REZOUND!

Droid592

Reaction score
Last time i checked mine were working, might wanna go into your settings and check it out

HTC Rezound

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Mine isn't working either, and it's NOT a setting. I'm going to contact HTC Support again and find out what's up. I'll post their reply.

RH

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Mine isn't working either, and it's NOT a setting. I'm going to contact HTC Support again and find out what's up. I'll post their reply.

RH

I looked also for a setting. Could not find it. I do have notifications turned off because I use handcent sms and do not want duplicate messages. But this should not affect Voicemail messages..let me know. I appreciate it.

Bad ass REZOUND!

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I looked also for a setting. Could not find it. I do have notifications turned off because I use handcent sms and do not want duplicate messages. But this should not affect Voicemail messages..let me know. I appreciate it.

Bad ass REZOUND!
Maybe you should turn notifications back on, restart your phone and call yourself and find out??? At least you would know.

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Response from HTC

Bad ass REZOUND!

Mondingo, here's how to find the setting to turn notifications on for voicemail. Open the default messaging app. Hit the "Menu" button at the bottom of your phone. Then, hit the soft "Settings" button. Click "Visual Voicemail". On the next screen put a check next to "Play Notification Sound" and then select the notification sound of your choice underneath that. I know this section says "Visual" Voicemail, but it covers both regular and VV.

I contacted HTC Support. I've contacted them at least a half dozen times for various questions. I must say this. I'm thoroughly impressed with their support dept. They are very prompt and always give lengthy, detailed replies in less than 24 hrs. I never got this kind of service from LG. Anyway, below is their reply. If nothing else I learned how to boot my phone in Safe Mode. Personally, I don't think the case is the problem, since I still receive notifications for email and text msgs. I'm still testing everything. The procedure below should let you know if you have a rough app causing the problem. In Safe Mode no installed apps or drivers are running. If your voicemail notifications come through in Safe Mode, then you know one of your apps is causing the problem.

HTC Mobile Phones - Customer Service - E-mail Support

RH

Dear RH,

I apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with voicemail notification alerts on the HTC Rezound. I will be more than happy to assist you with this issue. Due to the issues on the device, I would first recommend to perform a soft reset. This is done by powering down the phone, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds, replace it and restart the phone. This will clear the cache on the device.

Make sure you are not using a task killer on your phone. These can interfere with the processes that the phone needs to connect to the network. They are also known to cause instability to the Sense UI on HTC devices, causing the phones to behave abnormally. If you use a task killer, we strongly suggest that you uninstall it.

Also, if you have a case of any type on the phone we recommend to remove it. Cases will often impede proper reception and functionality of the phone.

Next boot the phone in safe mode for testing purposes. First verify that Fast Boot is not enabled, select All Apps > Settings > Applications or Power > Make sure Fast Boot is not selected. To enable safe mode:

1. With the device turned off.
2. Press the power button.
3. Once the device turns on, press and hold the volume down, once you see the splash screen.
4. Press and hold the menu button (DO NOT RELEASE THE VOLUME DOWN).

You will know it has worked because the device will give a brief vibrate or 3 quick vibes. Once it loads you will see “Safe Mode” on the bottom left of the screen. This disables all 3rd party apps and drivers from launching. Do not use 3rd party apps or install from the market or the test will be inconclusive.

Does the issue continue to exist while in safe mode? I hope this information proves helpful RH, keep in mind that we are here to answer any questions or concerns you may have between 6am to 1am EST, 7 days a week for your convenience. You may also visit us at HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs for further assistance.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question.

Sincerely,

Ryan

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Make sure you are not using a task killer on your phone. These can interfere with the processes that the phone needs to connect to the network. They are also known to cause instability to the Sense UI on HTC devices, causing the phones to behave abnormally. If you use a task killer, we strongly suggest that you uninstall it.

How do you uninstall the Task Killer they installed and locked onto the phone?? Funniest thing ever.

RezoundHound

Reaction score
How do you uninstall the Task Killer they installed and locked onto the phone?? Funniest thing ever.

That's a Task "Manager", not a specific Task Killer. It has a kill feature within it, but it does not automatically kill tasks unless YOU press "Kill All". Just having that on your phone and not using it is completely innocuous. You can't uninstall it, but you can disable it. Just open Task Manager and press your phone's "Menu" button. Then, press "Advanced". On the next screen uncheck "Start Automatically" and then reboot your phone.

RH

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
That's a Task "Manager", not a specific Task Killer. It has a kill feature within it, but it does not automatically kill tasks unless YOU press "Kill All". Just having that on your phone and not using it is completely innocuous. You can't uninstall it, but you can disable it. Just open Task Manager and press your phone's "Menu" button. Then, press "Advanced". On the next screen uncheck "Start Automatically" and then reboot your phone.

RH

Brother, once we got temp root, that was like the first thing to go. Basically anything that was HTC skinned/forced upon me is gone.

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Booting in Safe Mode did not help. I'm beginning to think audible voice mail notification is NOT possible with the Rezound on Verizon. I've been through every setting imaginable and can't get this to work. Only the notification in the Status Bar appears, but no audible notification. I'm wondering if this is something within Verizon's network. I'll have to call Verizon. Below is the latest response from HTC.

RH

Dear RH,

Thank you for the response. If the issue continues, I would then recommend to contact your wireless provider to verify this feature is still active on your cellular account.

If so, a factory data reset would need to be performed. A factory data reset removes all information from your device and returns it to a state just like it has never been used before. All contacts, messages, emails, third-party applications, etc. will need to be reinstalled after performing a factory data reset. To perform a factory data reset, from the Home screen select All Apps > Settings > SD & phone storage > Factory data reset > Verify that Erase all data and Erase SD card is NOT checked, unless you wish to delete these data as well > Tap Reset phone > Tap Erase everything.

Once complete, verify that notifications have been setup for your visual voice mail. Does the issue continue to exist?

I again apologize for any confusion and for any inconvenience this may cause. Keep in mind that we are here to answer any technical questions or concerns you may have between 6am to 1am EDST, 7 days a week for your convenience, or by phone at 1-866-449-8358.

Sincerely,

Ryan

ladybugE

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Newbie here had the same problem with my notications icon and no voice mail
showing up also, call Verizon today from my HTC Rezound, To call them from your verizon phone is 611.
Got the operator, She then call me on my landline phone and walk me through the steps on turning on
the voicemail on my Rezound. It was a verizon thing and so simple. Good luck guys.

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Mondingo, here's how to find the setting to turn notifications on for voicemail. Open the default messaging app. Hit the "Menu" button at the bottom of your phone. Then, hit the soft "Settings" button. Click "Visual Voicemail". On the next screen put a check next to "Play Notification Sound" and then select the notification sound of your choice underneath that. I know this section says "Visual" Voicemail, but it covers both regular and VV.

I contacted HTC Support. I've contacted them at least a half dozen times for various questions. I must say this. I'm thoroughly impressed with their support dept. They are very prompt and always give lengthy, detailed replies in less than 24 hrs. I never got this kind of service from LG. Anyway, below is their reply. If nothing else I learned how to boot my phone in Safe Mode. Personally, I don't think the case is the problem, since I still receive notifications for email and text msgs. I'm still testing everything. The procedure below should let you know if you have a rough app causing the problem. In Safe Mode no installed apps or drivers are running. If your voicemail notifications come through in Safe Mode, then you know one of your apps is causing the problem.

HTC Mobile Phones - Customer Service - E-mail Support

RH

Dear RH,

I apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with voicemail notification alerts on the HTC Rezound. I will be more than happy to assist you with this issue. Due to the issues on the device, I would first recommend to perform a soft reset. This is done by powering down the phone, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds, replace it and restart the phone. This will clear the cache on the device.

Also, if you have a case of any type on the phone we recommend to remove it. Cases will often impede proper reception and functionality of the phone.

Next boot the phone in safe mode for testing purposes. First verify that Fast Boot is not enabled, select All Apps > Settings > Applications or Power > Make sure Fast Boot is not selected. To enable safe mode:

1. With the device turned off.
2. Press the power button.
3. Once the device turns on, press and hold the volume down, once you see the splash screen.
4. Press and hold the menu button (DO NOT RELEASE THE VOLUME DOWN).

You will know it has worked because the device will give a brief vibrate or 3 quick vibes. Once it loads you will see “Safe Mode” on the bottom left of the screen. This disables all 3rd party apps and drivers from launching. Do not use 3rd party apps or install from the market or the test will be inconclusive.

Does the issue continue to exist while in safe mode? I hope this information proves helpful RH, keep in mind that we are here to answer any questions or concerns you may have between 6am to 1am EST, 7 days a week for your convenience. You may also visit us at HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs for further assistance.

Sincerely,

Ryan

Thank you so much.!, This was it.. I appreciate it very much. I love this site.

Bad ass REZOUND!

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Finally Fixed!!!

Glad that worked for you, Mondingo. Was your problem with Visual Voicemail, or the regular voicemail?

That didn't fix mine. So I was out shopping today and just happened to go to a shopping center with a Verizon store. Luckily, I happened upon a young, knowledgeable salesperson who knew the phone inside and out. Here's the deal. There are three different menus within the phone for setting various notification sounds. HTC informed me that the section for "Visual" voicemail covered regular voicemail as well. For some reason it doesn't on my phone. Voicemail notifications are at Settings/Sound/Notification Sound. Went there and selected my voicemail notification. Now it works like a charm! I'm a happy camper. So if anyone else has this problem, check this setting as well.

ladybugE, I think your problem was a little different than ours. Our problem wasn't with the notification "icon" not showing up in the Status Bar. It was with the notification "sound" not playing.

RH

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/members/241771.html