No Sounds - No Ringtone or Camera Sounds

PandaKey

Reaction score
I noticed my RAZR was having a sound issue approximately 20 minutes ago, when I was playing with the camera and it wasn't making the shutter sounds. Then, I noticed when I press the volume up/down buttons that it wasn't giving the ascending/descending sounds for the volume. I Googled the problem and restarted my phone in Safe Mode, but still nothing. I used a landline phone to call my phone and the ringtone wouldn't play but when I put it on vibrate and called my RAZR again, the vibrate worked.

My phone has been working normaly in the month that I've had it and Ihoping I'm not gonna have to have it serviced, cus i don't have a backup phone to use.

One thing I'm wondering, though, is I tether my phone to my laptop to get online at home and last night when it was tethered I lowered the volume on my laptop to 0%. I didn't raise the volume back up until I used it again this morning. Would tethering my phone to my laptop perhaps fix the sound issue? Or should I visit my local Verizon flagship store and have a tech check it out?

I should note that I bought the phone off eBay and it came with all of its original packaging and accessories. The build date of the phone is March 8th.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

OP
P

PandaKey

Reaction score
Oh, one more thing: last night while it was charging on my nightstand, I accidently pulled on the usb cable and the phone fell about two feet to the carpet and earlier tonight it fell off my lap when I got off my couch (I'd forgotten it was there). Thst fall was only about a foot.

OP
P

PandaKey

Reaction score
OK, I'm having conflicting emotions right now... I'm either an idiot (for mildly freaking out about the sound problems) or maybe I'm a genius (for fixing the problems.

I just, purposely, dropped my phone on the floor (from a height of less than a foot) twice and the sounds are back.