No root available for 2.3.4?

pclever1

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Droid 2 Global and I had to flash the Android OS back on my phone a few days ago (have done many times) and once I get the new update, 2.3.4, I tried to put the new root on my phone but it failed so I found a few other updated roots and none of them are working. Can someone help me root my phone?

fiveball02

Reaction score
Not possible yet on the newest update. And dont try to sbf back to an old version. You will brick your phone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
pclever1

pclever1

Reaction score
Not possible yet on the newest update. And dont try to sbf back to an old version. You will brick your phone.

Ok thank you, do you know how to find out when the root comes out?

(with the keyboard on the droid 2 global you can hold "X" when booting then click search after installing the sbf to fix a bricked phone, I am lucky to have that keyboard)

fiveball02

Reaction score
As of right now no one knows if or when you will be able to root again. Motorola blocked a possibility to sbf back on this update. You can get into the boot loader no problem, but the flash bricks the phone. Many people have already tried and failed.

silver6054

Reaction score
Ok thank you, do you know how to find out when the root comes out?

(with the keyboard on the droid 2 global you can hold "X" when booting then click search after installing the sbf to fix a bricked phone, I am lucky to have that keyboard)
As fiveball02 says, this will NOT help unbrick the phone once you try to SBF. Also, the search key hasn't been the way to get the menu since the Gingerbread release. You need to press volume up/down together. (And of course this doesn't help unbrick either)

romeo

Reaction score
I rooted GB and installed OTA rootkeeper. I then had no problems with the latest OTA update and root.

silver6054

Reaction score
Yes, that works for those that installed rootkeeper before the OTA. Some had trouble installing the update though, and some said that root only works on applications that already had root. (But others have reported that root does work with new apps, and I don't know what causes this difference in reports!)

But rootkeeper is only a temporary solution. If something goes wrong when rooted, such as flashing a new ROM that causes issues, the usual thing to do is to SBF back to stock, reroot and do something else. So even if we had an SBF for this version, without a real root method, doing the SBF rubs out all the rootkeeper stuff, and you would be unable to regain root. Of course, not an issue for now, as we don't even have an SBF, and you cannot use earlier ones.
But be aware that being rooted in .621 means you have to be extra careful, as there is no way to recover if you mess up.

romeo

Reaction score
I assume Clockworkmod recovery will still work for me. The first thing I did after I did the OTA update was I ran a full backup using CW recovery.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Flashing an SBF image also removes ClockworkMod Recovery (and even if it didn't, it removes the logwrapper hijack used to enter CWM).

Without SBF and a means to gain root access, trying a ROM becomes an extremely dangerous endeavour.