Reaction score
Using the app for the past 3years

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the longer battery life is because some applications only start when you unlock the system.

For example Screebl doesn't activate when you unlock unless you hit home.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Aside from the fact that I signed an agreement at work saying that I would keep my email account secure, I just can't help feeling like no lock screen is a bad idea. Make sure you don't lose your phone, or have it stolen. Aside from having instant access to all your email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, etc and being able to spam you relentlessly, it could also be VERY expensive. Those 4 hour calls to Hong Kong and India can run up a bill in a hurry! And hopefully you don't do any online bill paying with your phone. Goodbye credit card account and checking account.

I suppose freedom of choice is ALWAYS a good thing. To each their own. I think I'll continue to keep all my info secure with a lockscreen pattern.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most users don't use the lock screen for security so getting rid of it is a plus.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Most users don't use the lock screen for security so getting rid of it is a plus.

Interesting. Is there some other type of security beside the lock screen? Or are you saying your research has determined that most users don't use their phones for Enterprise email,or for their work, or have their log ons or passwords set to auto remember? In that case I can definitely see why you wouldn't need to have any security on your phone. Just a useless annoyance.

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
You guys should check out widget locker. Has quite a few different lockscreens. I have a invisible slider.

x.sys

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dude,

No lock is an app you download. No one is MAKING you download it.

I would imagine that the vast majority of people don't use any security on their Android phones. Therefore swiping to get to your phone is annoying.

Additionally if you read anything the lock mechanism can be broken very easily.

Take a chill pill - this thread is for people like me who don't want or use the lock screen.:icon_eek:

TatDroid

Reaction score
DUDE, go back and read my first post. You know, where I said that choice is good, and to each their own. I AM, however challenging your blanket statement that MOST people don't want to lock their information. Where does that fact come from? Your circle of friends, maybe? Not mine.

rwking

Reaction score
^He seemed pretty chill to me. :) In fact, I share some of his concerns. I use my phone for practically everything, so the thought of someone having instant access is kind of creepy. At the same time, I do get tired of unlocking it all the time. Too bad the touchscreen can't read fingerprints. Wouldn't that be ideal!? :D I suppose the FFC could also double as a retina scanner, but that might use a little too much battery. hehe

GreenSnow

Reaction score
There are also apps out there that can secure specific apps from opening, havmt looked too much into it myself but that might be an alternative to being able to keep your screen unlocked but still securing private info

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

portermac

Reaction score
Here's an idea, keep your phone on you at all times and if someone tries to take it you beat their a**.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My phone never leaves my sight.

Widget Locker from what I've read eats your battery like nuts.

Screebl looks like it eats your battery but it does not. It's a bug in the battery stats.

As far as No Lock I can tell you that at least 500,000 people disagree with you.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I hate reading other people's petty arguments on discussion boards, so I'll make this my last post on this subject so others don't have to keep reading this. 500,000 downloads equals about 50,000 less than the number of people who activate an Android device IN ONE DAY.

Last edited:
OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't understand you at all. This post is about an app that many people would like. Why are you so upset? If you don't want it then don's use it.