No haptic feedback?

lawcat79

Reaction score
I think my relationship with the Dinc2 may be cursed. I'm on my third one and each has had a problem (blown internal speaker, then endless rebooting and overheating battery). Luckily, I'm within the first 14 days of ordering the phone, so Verizon has replaced the first two without too many questions asked.

Now to the new problem...no haptic feedback. This is a relatively small issue given that everything else seems to be working (fingers crossed), but I really like having the feedback especially when typing emails or texts. This doesn't appear to be a settings issue, as all of the vibration notification boxes are checked. Does anyone have a clue what might be causing this and how to fix it? I don't think I can handle going to Verizon yet again for a replacement. I love the phone otherwise.

Thanks!

micjmac

Reaction score
I think my relationship with the Dinc2 may be cursed. I'm on my third one and each has had a problem (blown internal speaker, then endless rebooting and overheating battery). Luckily, I'm within the first 14 days of ordering the phone, so Verizon has replaced the first two without too many questions asked.

Now to the new problem...no haptic feedback. This is a relatively small issue given that everything else seems to be working (fingers crossed), but I really like having the feedback especially when typing emails or texts. This doesn't appear to be a settings issue, as all of the vibration notification boxes are checked. Does anyone have a clue what might be causing this and how to fix it? I don't think I can handle going to Verizon yet again for a replacement. I love the phone otherwise.

Thanks!

Sorry for your troubles, but honestly you must be having bad luck. My whole family just bought this phone, and none of us are having any issues. If I knew what you meant by haptic feedback, maybe I could help you.

OP
L

lawcat79

Reaction score
Sorry for your troubles, but honestly you must be having bad luck. My whole family just bought this phone, and none of us are having any issues. If I knew what you meant by haptic feedback, maybe I could help you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it's just bad luck, too. Haptic feedback is the vibration you get when touching an onscreen button...typing an emai, for example. The first two phones I had gave really good, noticeable feedback. After tinkering with settings and rebooting the phone a few times, I can now feel a very faint vibration when pushing some (but not all) buttons, but it is very weak. I think it's probably just a problem I'll have to live with unless/until there is an app that allows you to adjust the feedback intensity.

Reaction score
Is your battery low when this happens? When mine gets in the red it loses haptic feedback to conserve battery.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

denmcdon

Reaction score
haptic feedback

haptic feedback is when you press the keyboard there is a vibration.To set it, go to settings- language and keyboard-touch input -txt input -set haptic feedback.

jore_guerrra

Reaction score
I had the same problem. What you have to do is go to the sound settings, then scroll down all the way and check the box that says " vibrate feedback". That fixed mine, hopefully it helps. :biggrin: