Nice Siri or google now replacement app

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Google Now on JB is awesome. Can't see anything better than it right now.

sherrie.melton

Reaction score
hey

This seems to be a nice app and I would definitely use it to store information about the vehicles in a standardized format. Thank you for posting about his app.

Thx

tlapier

Reaction score
Try Dragon Mobile Assistant in the Play Store

I've used Dragon Mobile Assistant (called simply, "Dragon") for a while now and I really like it. It was developed by Nuance, who, incidentally, helped to develop Siri. It's in beta (will probably always be that way), a second version was recently released and it works better than the reviews are saying.

If you don't like you can, of course, uninstall.

VidJunky

Reaction score
I've used Dragon Mobile Assistant (called simply, "Dragon") for a while now and I really like it. It was developed by Nuance, who, incidentally, helped to develop Siri. It's in beta (will probably always be that way), a second version was recently released and it works better than the reviews are saying.

I installed it, but saw it after a Swype update. It is OK, but I have a few bones to pick with it. If it looks up an internet site for you, it won't give you the option to share the page via anything. It uses the browser to play YouTube. It's not as convenient as voice search when it comes to just entering text. With voice you can hold the mic and it opens the voice search or just tap it to type. I haven't looked at the app association list to see if search is one that you can change.??? And I don't know if it's a settings thing or an app thing, but Dragon will not make calls. It's OK for some stuff, but for the things I do a lot I still kind of prefer voice search. Although I have to admit it is much better, more betterer, than Iris. That was a joke the last time I gave it a chance. I tried it a long time ago when I first heard about it, then tried it again a little while ago thinking that it had some time to be improved and updated, but no luck. For me anyway.

tlapier

Reaction score
I installed it, but saw it after a Swype update. It is OK, but I have a few bones to pick with it. If it looks up an internet site for you, it won't give you the option to share the page via anything. It uses the browser to play YouTube. It's not as convenient as voice search when it comes to just entering text. With voice you can hold the mic and it opens the voice search or just tap it to type. I haven't looked at the app association list to see if search is one that you can change.??? And I don't know if it's a settings thing or an app thing, but Dragon will not make calls. It's OK for some stuff, but for the things I do a lot I still kind of prefer voice search. Although I have to admit it is much better, more betterer, than Iris. That was a joke the last time I gave it a chance. I tried it a long time ago when I first heard about it, then tried it again a little while ago thinking that it had some time to be improved and updated, but no luck. For me anyway.

Dragon is making calls for me. My biggest beef with Dragon is that it doesn't yet integrate well with DejaOffice. I have to use this program and Companion Link to sync with Outlook. So when I ask it to set a reminder, it sets it with the Android calendar by not the DejaOffice calendar.