Newest ota update?

aircooledboy

Reaction score
Verizon still pushing bad update

Have bought 2 TBs in the last week. Bought wife one on 6-9-11, no OTA rec'd, no reboot issues. Daughter was also due for upgrade, loved Mom's TB, so she got one sunday (6-12). Within 1 hr of getting it home, she gets notice of OTA update. I figured it MUST be the new one, sinec Verizon surely wouldn't be still pushing an update that has caused so much trouble, right?

WRONG. :icon_evil: Kids phone has rebooted 4-6 times a day ever since, while wife's phone: not once. Why in the hell would they still be pushing that out?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have bought 2 TBs in the last week. Bought wife one on 6-9-11, no OTA rec'd, no reboot issues. Daughter was also due for upgrade, loved Mom's TB, so she got one sunday (6-12). Within 1 hr of getting it home, she gets notice of OTA update. I figured it MUST be the new one, sinec Verizon surely wouldn't be still pushing an update that has caused so much trouble, right?

WRONG. :icon_evil: Kids phone has rebooted 4-6 times a day ever since, while wife's phone: not once. Why in the hell would they still be pushing that out?

No clue. It's bad enough they pushed something out that caused so much trouble; that they continue to do so adds insult to injury.

Now that I recall, when I got my wife's bolt the Verizon guy told me "an update was available so I applied it". Had I only known then...

OP
T

tc3

Reaction score

Exactly......I'm done with this phone....got an iPhone coming

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

tcdroider9999

Reaction score
I also got one for wife. Still stock and not updated and no rebooting. If anyone is rebooting, recommend the leak MR2. It fixed my rebooting issue.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

saber5

Reaction score
got new TB yesterday. as they were getting ready to sync my contact list the update message popped up. i deferred till today at which time i deferred again when it came back up. anyway. im sure this is the bad one as the vzw tech told me to not accept it. took TB off charger this morn at 7:45 turned off moble till 1:eek:o then played surfed and learned ins/out for the better part of the next 4 hours as wife was getting treatment. turned off moble for ride home now its 9 pm and batt icon just turned orange 1/4 left....
i am impressed with this awsome phone...battery better than i expected. but i can already tell that deferring this update is going to get very tedious..