Newbie needs to know....

pattikate

Reaction score
As a newbie to the world of Droid X, I'd like to ask any and all of you X owners:

Do you use a screen protector? By not using one, do you find your screen is likely to become scratched through everyday use (for example, touching the screen and removing from pockets)?

Thanks!

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
As a newbie to the world of Droid X, I'd like to ask any and all of you X owners:

Do you use a screen protector? By not using one, do you find your screen is likely to become scratched through everyday use (for example, touching the screen and removing from pockets)?

Thanks!

I use this one: Amazon.com: SGP Steinheil ULTRA CRYSTAL Screen Protector for MOTOROLA Droid X [Verizon]: Cell Phones & Accessories. I'm too much of a klutz to feel comfortable leaving the screen unprotected. I like the Ultra Crystal because it's easy to apply and virtually indistinguishable from the plain glass.

Jolly

Reaction score

Thanks!

I use InvisiSheild but I hear Good things about the Stienhill ones.

Sent from my Droid X Running TranQ 3.6.0

OP
P

pattikate

Reaction score

Thanks!

I use this one: Amazon.com: SGP Steinheil ULTRA CRYSTAL Screen Protector for MOTOROLA Droid X [Verizon]: Cell Phones & Accessories. I'm too much of a klutz to feel comfortable leaving the screen unprotected. I like the Ultra Crystal because it's easy to apply and virtually indistinguishable from the plain glass.

How often do you change the protector?

nybadboy11

Reaction score
i would no matter what it will keep your phone longer than without!

cargirl666

Reaction score

Thanks!
The quick answer is absolutely. I researched the droids on cnet and one of the biggest drawbacks to the HTC incredible was the excessive screen smudging. So, I bought the ZAGG Invisible Shield and it looks and works great. Can't tell it is there, and no smudges. Bought it at Best Buy and they put it on for me.

Rocko

Reaction score
Yes, I know it has Gorilla Glass, but I want the added assurance It will be protected.

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
How often do you change the protector?

I've had mine on the phone for five months and haven't needed to change it. There are two to a packet, so I have the option to change it if I want to, but the first one's held up beautifully thus far.

bam654237

Reaction score
Goto zagg.com. don't need to change it out and it wont bubble around edges
Just be sure to follow directions carefully. And clean hand real good before you start I used isopropal alcohol after washing them. Must leave phone powered off for twelve hours and any tiny bubbles you see after you just put it on will disappear overnight. Had it on my first motorola droid for 7 months and never a problem

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App