New user -- do I leave this charged

dkcoop03

Reaction score
I just got my Droid ERIS today. Question: I can't recharge it using the plug but it will recharge using the USB cord. The salesguy told me that I am not supposed to turn this thing off, only put it in sleep mode. So if I am not going to use the DROID in the evening is it ok to just leave it on the USB charger? How can I get it to work on the AC/DC charger?

Thanks!

divalibra

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I understand your issue...the usb fits into the AC/DC charger. the phone will sleep on its own, when you plug the phone up to charge for the night hit the end button once to turn the screen off and it will sleep like a baby....unless you have an app that doesn't let the phone sleep...but that is another discussion in itself..hope this helps

OP
D

dkcoop03

Reaction score
Sorry for being unclear, it won't charge on the AC/DC charger. No lights, no green charger indicator, it just stays on the red low battery. But when I plug the USB adapter directly into my PC it works. I'd like to be able to use the AC/DC charger but it doesn't seem to work.

cplus

Reaction score
Sorry for being unclear, it won't charge on the AC/DC charger. No lights, no green charger indicator, it just stays on the red low battery. But when I plug the USB adapter directly into my PC it works. I'd like to be able to use the AC/DC charger but it doesn't seem to work.

You said it yourself.. 'the AC/DC charger doesn't' work. Take it back.

divalibra

Reaction score
@ dkcoop03..oh okay..never of anyone with an issue quite like yours..was only trying too offer my $0.02. hopefully someone can help you out on here

JCo352

Reaction score
Yea I would definitly take back the ac plug if its not charging your phone.

ShowTime

Reaction score
Agreed about taking it back. But in response to another part of your original post, there is no reason I know of as to why you are "not supposed to turn the thing off". You can turn it on and off whenever you want. Most people just leave theirs on all the time because the device can handle it and they want instant connectivity. But you can turn your phone off overnight if you want, or leave it on the charger overnight as well. There's no worry of "overcharging" it or doing any damage at all.

BrainInAVat

Reaction score
The Verizon guy told me that I shouldn't leave the Droid on the charger all night long. He said the battery would wear out quicker if it was on the charger long after it was full and that I should charge it for no more than 4 hours at a time. Does anybody know if there's any truth to this?

Reaction score
I personally left it on my charger for 24 straight hours one time. then afterwards io charged it while i slept at night, and my battery is in beautiful shape. Verizon reps sounds clueless lol. i guarntee we know 100% more than most

BrainInAVat

Reaction score
I personally left it on my charger for 24 straight hours one time. then afterwards io charged it while i slept at night, and my battery is in beautiful shape. Verizon reps sounds clueless lol. i guarntee we know 100% more than most

Yeah, I definitely trust the forums more than the sales reps.

I don't charge it all night because that's just not convenient for me. But I do have a habit of charging for an hour here and a half hour there, always trying to keep the charge up reasonably high. Do you know if a lot of brief periods on the charger is any problem?