New to Forum

ita2464

Reaction score
Hello. I have two Droids- LG Ally for personal use and a Droid 2 Global for work, but it's not turning out to be very global so far. I got the global because my company is based in Germany and I expect to travel to Europe a few times a year. However, the tech support at Verizon is completely unhelpful with international issues so I'm hoping for more help here. I am capable of reading manuals and forums, so when I finally call support it is with a problem that I have tried to work out and I don't need the basics of "what are your settings." Hope you all can help me.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community i have the regular D2 and its an amazing device. What are your questions on the global service? Glad to see your already asking questions and being active in the community though. Dive on in and make yourself at home

OP
I

ita2464

Reaction score
Thanks. I have used 3 different mobile platforms- Blackberry (still the best for corporate sync, but without the fun apps,) Windows Mobile (wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy,) and the Droid, which I like the best so far. I had some issues with the corporate sync at first that never were resolved- it just magically synced after about a thousand tries. It couldn't authenticate the server and I knew all the settings were correct, but then on the thousandth try, it decided to give up and recognize it. Never figured out the cause of that.
Now I am in Germany and I could not get the wifi to work at the airport in Geneva or at the hotel. At the hotel, it would connect but transfer no data at all. Today I connected it at the office and it was fine. Got back to the hotel and it connected here too. I know the network was okay last night because my laptop was connected. So I have no idea what is going on or why it is so moody.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! :)
I had the D2 for awhile, it's an amazing phone! Sorry to hear the global is giving you issues, though! Hope you find the answers you need!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
@ita: are you running a German sim card? and do the wireless networks there have security that you have to go through? Seems that wifi should work unless in Germany the wireless signal is broadcasted on a different bandwidth. Do you have any special network card in your laptop?