New to DroidX

Buzzardsroost

Reaction score
Hello, Been reading a lot on this forum and like it. I've learned a lot form different forums. Now I have a droidx and I'm old dog with a new toy. Was reading a thread on pandors internet radio. Now I want to try to down load apk file and install it. I've managed to get it to zipsigner2 and don't know what to do next. Help would be appreciated. Thanks Oscar

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hi and welcome to the forum Oscar! :big smile:

Once, you've downloaded the .apk to your phone, all you need to do is navigate to it by using the file manager. Once you locate it, click it and install.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
ok it must be still in zipsigner2. how do I get out to where I can down load it to a file.

Did you download the .apk directly to your phone from phones browser? What browser did you use? It should be in a folder called "Downloads" in your SD card.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I think it went to quick office and then I put it in zipsigner2. I think.

If you're not sure where it went, just redownload it using your phones browser or you can also download to PC then transfer it to your phone and place it in the downloads folder and then follow the steps I posted on my 1st post in this thread.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Ok its on the phones browser. How do I tranfer to down load file.

Once you click on the download link, it should start the download. Once finished you'll see a notification in the notification bar on top left. Pull it down and click it, it will ask you if you'd like to install the app. You will have to enable installing of apps outside the market by going into settings->applications and check the box next to "unknown sources"

10pRv.jpg

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
ok did that and it ask me what browser i wanted to use. It did not ask if I wanted to install..

Choose the stock browser. It should start downloading and you'll see the notification. Let me know if you're able to download it.

OP
B

Buzzardsroost

Reaction score
Yes it down loaded and is on the browser, but I don't know what to do next. I put it in zipsigner2 and don't know what to do next. I'm thinking I'm way over my head here. I'm thinking I need to download something to get it out of zipsigner2 maybe.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yes it down loaded and is on the browser, but I don't know what to do next. I put it in zipsigner2 and don't know what to do next. I'm thinking I'm way over my head here. I'm thinking I need to download something to get it out of zipsigner2 maybe.

To install an .apk file, you don't need apps like zipsigner2 or any other app for that matter. Just click to download with your browser, once the download is finished, install.