New owner of a Droid Galaxy Nexus

MADDMOE

Reaction score
First question what are the 5 icons that are in row ( once you press a certain one the blue light, lights up under it ) i know the second from the left is the bluetooth icon & the last one on the right is for the brightness what are the other 3 icons for...?

Also im trying to compose a gmail email to send and i see how i can add BCC to the email but how do i add a certain group from my contacts to the BCC.....?

Thank for any help in advance

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I think you are talking about the power control widget. They are WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sync, and brightness

To add a group as an e-mail contact just type in the name of the group. My phone found the group after that (but I couldn't find a way to selected it from somewhere in e-mail app).

Hope that helps!

OP
M

MADDMOE

Reaction score
thanks that was the power control widget & now i know but i cant get that group contact to come into the BCC line so that i may send an email to 30 people

OP
M

MADDMOE

Reaction score
it seems like to OS wont let me find any group name to place in the BCC line or any address line for that matter, HELP................? I can type a few letters and names in my contact lists will show up but not any group names

Last edited:

timrock

Reaction score
i just tried it and it worked for me. after typing in the group name (in any field), just tap somewhere else and it will populate (i.e. [email protected])

OP
M

MADDMOE

Reaction score
Well i have tried every way possible, i click on the gmail widget then the bottom left corner to open up a compose mail page then i add the BCC & then i attempt to type the group name but nothing happens on the BCC line or the CC line or even the SEND TO line , i even changed the group name, started a new group with just one person, nothing

timrock

Reaction score
a6f8027b-0bca-6eec.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

MADDMOE

Reaction score
thats right i tried typing in the whole name of the group ( New Flicks ) and nothing happens, i even tried changing the group name

timrock

Reaction score
not sure what to tell you. it works on both my nexus and xoom.

OP
M

MADDMOE

Reaction score
ok but do u have a group name with at least 5 people in it or more and if so can you bring up that group name on the BCC line, i had no problem with this with my droid X, made sending emails so much easier & fast

OP
M

MADDMOE

Reaction score
but do u have a group name with at least 5 or more people in there with different email addresses that you can bring to the BCC line, i can add seperate email address but i want to bring a group from my contact list to the BCC line i have 36 emails i want to send out all at one time

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I typed in the name of the group I created using the people app and after I entered the name and clicked off of it, it showed up with a red box around the group name. Didn't seem to work until I clicked out of the BCC box.

timrock

Reaction score
I typed in the name of the group I created using the people app and after I entered the name and clicked off of it, it showed up with a red box around the group name. Didn't seem to work until I clicked out of the BCC box.

thats exactly what i did.