New market installed automatically?

undroid

Reaction score
Hmm anyone experienced this? I know for sure I did not install the new market (2.2.7) and to my surprise today I opened my market and its the new one! I installed CM 6.1.2 when it came out plus benny's GB theme. Same as my fiance but hers still has the old market.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

captdroid

Reaction score
Hmm anyone experienced this? I know for sure I did not install the new market (2.2.7) and to my surprise today I opened my market and its the new one! I installed CM 6.1.2 when it came out plus benny's GB theme. Same as my fiance but hers still has the old market.

Nope I updated to 2.2.7 using a update zip install and then attached it to the market using Titanium backup option to attach an app to the market... lol :)

nan2825

Reaction score
I installed adw launcher and it updated market automatically. Husband and I both have Droid X stock but only mine had market updated. I want my 24 hour return window back! LOL. Not for adw btw..I love that launcher so far

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
U

undroid

Reaction score
Yah its weird just wondering how it was done. Is google sending these updates? I know they can install/uninstall app remotely.

superglen99

Reaction score
Yeah Google is doing random silent updates to the market. My buddies rooted Droid X got it Thursday. I'm still waiting on mine.

Diab210

Reaction score
I just downloaded the .zip files for benny's gingerbread theme and saw he added the new market with the gingerbread icons to the .zip (unless he just added the new icons) but maybe that's how you got it.

kevdog

Reaction score
Anybody got a link for the new market?? I take it that you just install it like any old update.zip in recovery?!

Phillipsave

Reaction score
I got mine automatically, didn't even reboot my Droid X.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

AZDroid09

Reaction score
I installed adw launcher and it updated market automatically. Husband and I both have Droid X stock but only mine had market updated. I want my 24 hour return window back! LOL. Not for adw btw..I love that launcher so far

Sent from my DROIDX

My droid still has the old market but I already have the 15 minute return window, so it looks like we all may have lost that more reasonable 24 hrs :(

mikejoann

Reaction score
It will just install when google pushes it to your phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
U

undroid

Reaction score
I don’t think so. As i said in the OP i loaded the same versions in my fiance's droid and she has the old market.

I just downloaded the .zip files for benny's gingerbread theme and saw he added the new market with the gingerbread icons to the .zip (unless he just added the new icons) but maybe that's how you got it.