New GO Launcher

motoconvert

Reaction score
Loving Go SMS but the launcher was garbage IMO. It took me a half hour dinking around to figure out how to get it to open GO SMS instead of the default SMS app. Back to LP...Fed really needs to push this update out though before they really start kicking his ass.

Surprised he hasn't updated in a while. We were getting an update a week there for a while...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Fast, Smooth, Better than launcherpro/adw so far for me. 0 force closes. LP and ADW always gave me some kind of force close.. Where is everyone getting lag from?

+1 to this. I was always getting force closes on LP and ADW too. Since switching to go, I haven't had more than 2. Also, I'm not getting any lag either.....

I checked "keep home in memory" under UD Settings as well, and I rarely get that "initializing" after exiting other apps and returning to my homescreen.

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

Anathema

Reaction score
I tried GO Launcher for a while and I wasn't very impressed. It was often slow and laggy, which I shrugged off since it's a new launcher app. But then it just seemed like a watered down version of LP and ADW. Once I got ADWex, I haven't looked back.

Oh, and GO launcher just loves to redraw for me too. Maybe it just doesn't like my phone, but I was not impressed, and it lacked any standout feature that I can't get in LP or ADW.

Last edited:

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Decided to give ADW EX a try. I had a total of 4 screens with 6 total widgets. ADW EX would only seem to allow 4 widgets otherwise the screens got REAL laggy. Returned the app within 24 hours and didn't get my refund. Cool. I'll be sticking with GO because it works good for me....

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
It has potential but for whatever reason, a custom dock's resolution is terrible. It doesn't display it near as well as LP. And the app drawer seemed to always have to load up. Did like the folders though.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Decided to give ADW EX a try. I had a total of 4 screens with 6 total widgets. ADW EX would only seem to allow 4 widgets otherwise the screens got REAL laggy. Returned the app within 24 hours and didn't get my refund. Cool. I'll be sticking with GO because it works good for me....

If you're using the new market you don't get 24 hours. You get like, I think 14 or something. I can't remember but they limited the refund window by several hours.

GohanBurner

Reaction score
This launcher as well as the new Zeap (sp? can't remember off hand) launcher are extremely slow for me. Sticking with the LauncherPRO. Also, as a side note, I used to rock the ADW launcher because it used to be as fast as LauncherPRO...but now for a few months its been super slow for me. On all 6 Droid's I have had to boot.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
zeap is not that new. MetiCKone was using it in frg83 metick mod releases a while back due to the snappiness and small memory footprint. It really did help due to the limited internal memory of the d1.

yoop

Reaction score
It's called "Zeam". I've been using it for at least a month now. It's very fast, but doesn't have a ton of features. It's being updated quite regularly, too.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, okay. Yeah, I've tried that. I was thinking that's what he meant but when Yakitori said zeap too I started thinking there was actually one called zeap.