New from Pennsylvania

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Hey all how's it going? I've had my Droid for a few months now, and finally got around to rooting it after one touch root was released. Had problems before that because I had the 2.1 ota update. just picked up swiftkey beta and shoot me. looking for a custom ROM to overclock with now. I had Overclock widget but it had trouble switching between screen on off profile s. So needless to say I ditched it. I prefer the standard Froyo layout so if anyone knows of good ROMS. similar to stock please lmk. Thanks!

Nealius

Reaction score
welcome from another PA guy

ROMs are like women, everyone has their own tastes. I suggest you try them all. Rom's that is.
I hope your buddy is helping and not doing it. Learn it for yourself. makes it more fun.

OP
Sniper_5

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Hell be walking me through it but I installed the Froyo update manually using Astro.

OP
Sniper_5

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Ok, so after about an hour of research to make sure I was crystal clear on everything I am now running Buggless Beast with smoked glass. I tried running Chevy's 1Ghz kernels but I couldn't run any in a stable manner (every time I opened a browser it crashed and went into bootloop) so I restored the original kernel. I'm currently using overclock widget until I can put some money in my account for SetCPU. Also have AISystemWidget and System Info Widget to monitor everything. CPU Benchmark to check clock speeds. Thanks to everyone on the forums for the info, walkthroughs, custom ROMs Kernels etc.!