New Features of Android 4.3 Detailed on Video Including Massive Battery Life Boost

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
That and I watched the video. It seems to me like the screen on time and wifi use helped him make it 24 hours. I do not have 4.3 so I can not confirm. But if 4.3 could quadruple or even double battery life you do not think the motorola x or even the the Droid Ultra Maxx would have been touting that feature. "4 day battery life on a single charge"... people would be losing their minds that alone would trump the fact that it is only a dual core device with 720 display.

Precisely. That level of optimization would have skipped straight to "Android 10.0" and single-handedly given Apple the pink slip, zero competition.

Frederuco

Reaction score
This is from the video on his 25+ hours of battery life:

gdNzRuT.jpg

Looks like it sat idle with the screen off for a good 12-16 hours. It may get better battery life, but not THAT much.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with all of you guys. I am obviously skeptical of the claimed results as well, hence why I added "We probably should remain a bit skeptical, but that should only temper our excitement a little bit," in the article itself. Still, if the battery life improvements are even 1/4th what Pocketnow claims, then it will be a welcome boost! :)