New Droid X2 guy from Northern NJ

Chumley54

Reaction score
Have a Droid X2 and just bought a Velocity Cruz T103 to play around with.

Wife has an Ipad 1, but my Droid X2 is faster, more powerful.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Welcome aboard Chumley54! Glad to have you with us! dancedroid

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. Glad you came aboard. Congrats on the new tablet and feel free to ask any questions you may have since there is a wealth of knowledge here in the community. Dive on in and enjoy the communtiy

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice brother!! Welcome....I hope I don't sound rude...but I have a question...I've heard nothing but bad about the X2...but in my business, I've only repaired one..As a matter of fact, I've repaired dozens of bionics already, but not but one X2, so I'm not sure what the deal is...Do you have any issues? Thanks and indeed welcome! And if you ever need a part or an ear or some help, pm me! Peace.....the drummer:)

My Battery is Rockin with MyMod!!!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice brother!! Welcome....I hope I don't sound rude...but I have a question...I've heard nothing but bad about the X2...but in my business, I've only repaired one..As a matter of fact, I've repaired dozens of bionics already, but not but one X2, so I'm not sure what the deal is...Do you have any issues? Thanks and indeed welcome! And if you ever need a part or an ear or some help, pm me! Peace.....the drummer:)

Um...that post sounded very sad, please forgive the bad choice of words...Always trying to help a fellow droiduser...the reason I'm concerned is, I was offered one, new in box for 150...my sources told me, they are awesome and better than the original and not much different..so..that's all brother..lol I'm a major X and D2 ROM guy....

OP
C

Chumley54

Reaction score
Didn't sound sad at all.

Haven't had any issues with the Doid X2....the battery does go fast when the online stuff is being used. If I cut the data off, I get a good day out of it.

I came from an HTC Win6.5 phone, and the Droid is much better. The touch screen works, work e-mail.

My company has us on a real unlimited data plan, so I use the heck out of it. I have used it to watch Netflix on business trips. Netflix is good for one movie and the battery is done, so I keep in on the juice when watching movies.

It feels solid, and the parts do what they are supposed to.

Maybe I'll bump into limitations, but I haven't yet.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I thought it was decent! I'm thinking of getting one...I love the X and the X2 is probably even better...Yes I also have unlimited data via verizon..and my D2 dies after a full movie as well...lol Awesome that your business is using android!! Most like mine are dumbole blackberry phones that can't do what we can..lol However, email exchange and conference calls are the bomb with blackberry...by the way, if you want to rid yourself of the windows phone, I buy used mobile handset(smartphones) for testing and parts...peace brother!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

indymale26

Reaction score
x2 is good phone

HEY man i have droid x 2 , and it is a worthy droid candidate , its fast but lack of 4g and front facing camera was reason why im switching to droid bionic, i have to admit i ran a quardrant standard test and hit 2700-2900 consistent so overall good phone, wish u the best

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
HEY man i have droid x 2 , and it is a worthy droid candidate , its fast but lack of 4g and front facing camera was reason why im switching to droid bionic, i have to admit i ran a quardrant standard test and hit 2700-2900 consistent so overall good phone, wish u the best

Thanks bro! Yes it seems to be a good one...I'm probably not going to go with it though because my next phone will need those two things...I have just been asking people because the repairs I do have hardly any X2's..so..being the phone was put down by fellow members, I sought to find facts to base them on...I can't find anything wrong with it, other than the camera and 4g...cool...that's what I thought...But I don't want the bionic either..lol Its nice too but waiting for the next build of that kind of device, or maybe the prime...Who knows...lol I appreciate all the tips! You guys take care and if you ever need any help pm me! Peace!

OP
C

Chumley54

Reaction score
Awesome! I thought it was decent! I'm thinking of getting one...I love the X and the X2 is probably even better...Yes I also have unlimited data via verizon..and my D2 dies after a full movie as well...lol Awesome that your business is using android!! Most like mine are dumbole blackberry phones that can't do what we can..lol However, email exchange and conference calls are the bomb with blackberry...by the way, if you want to rid yourself of the windows phone, I buy used mobile handset(smartphones) for testing and parts...peace brother!

My work doesn't "Officially" support Droid, but my Manager is a geek, and wangled my dept the choice of the Droid or BlackBerry. I don't like the blackberry at all, and the vast majority of pwople weho have them at my office don't like them. The Droid isn't heavily managed like the BB, so that is part of the equation.

As far as front mounted camera, I am not interested in that for work or otherwise. The 8MP camera for taking shots of equipment at work is fine. It takes nice pictures.