New Droid X Owner

Droid Lookout

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’m a new Droid X user in New York.

After years of using a Blackberry Curve, I made the jump to the Droid X. Very happy with my new phone. However, learning to fully utilize my phone has been off to a slow start. I’m hoping that this forum will help me through some of my difficulties.

As a new Droid X owner, I’m looking to add new useful apps. Anyone have any suggestions for “must have” apps? If so, I’d love to hear from you.

Also, anyone have any advice on how to assign ringtones to my contact list? I’ve had ringtones emailed and texted to me, but I’ll be darned if I can get them to attach to my contacts.

TweakedSystems

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’m a new Droid X user in New York.

After years of using a Blackberry Curve, I made the jump to the Droid X. Very happy with my new phone. However, learning to fully utilize my phone has been off to a slow start. I’m hoping that this forum will help me through some of my difficulties.

As a new Droid X owner, I’m looking to add new useful apps. Anyone have any suggestions for “must have” apps? If so, I’d love to hear from you.

Also, anyone have any advice on how to assign ringtones to my contact list? I’ve had ringtones emailed and texted to me, but I’ll be darned if I can get them to attach to my contacts.

To add your own ringtones pull down the screen at the top > select USB Connection/USB Mass Storage/Create a folder name it ringtones. Put you personal ringtones in the folder..

To add a ringtone to a contact >first select the contact then click on the menu button (left) >Edit scroll to the bottom to additional info. scroll down until you come to call handling ringtone..

As far as the apps. I currently like are. > Just click on the Market and search
Advanced Task killer
Barcode Scanner
Battery Life
Vizbattery > I really like the app. very simple
Beautiful Widgets > My Favorite
car Locator
Cardio Trainer/Weighterloss
Uninstaller Pro
History Eraser