New and in trouble!

Trogdor1

Reaction score
Hi...I am Paul and I am an idiot...I read these forums all the time but I have not joined as I was not going to do any rooting....then I did...I think what you do here is awesome and hope I cant learn how to make my droid X work again...as well as serve as an example to others of what not to do! Thanks!

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
So.....what' going on with your X? Please be descriptive so we can identify the issue and assist if at all possible.

OP
T

Trogdor1

Reaction score
THis is what is wrong

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...uggestions/145889-red-moto-screen-freeze.html

My Droid X was running the Gingerbread version that you could install without rooting(.588). Today I saw that you needed to root and update in order to be able to receive the OTA update that is coming(4.5.595). I used gingerbreak and rooted with no problem. I tried to install the file using Bootstrap to get me into the Clockwork bootloader and tried to install the Most recent stock Gingerbread. I now cannot get past the Red moto screen. I can log into recovery, and have wiped Cache and done system restores many times. I have formatted my SD card (after backing the files to windows) and tried it all againand again. The stock recovery seems to be running Gingerbread based on controls.

Please OBI WAN you guys are my only hope!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
unfortunately I don't own an X so I don't have the solution but I did want to comment on your username, homestar reference correct? If so, awesome!

OP
T

Trogdor1

Reaction score
no

is it hard? Also...I cannot get the device to show up on my computer when plugged in via USB...so I have to remove sim card and place it in card reader

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
hi, u may have to sbf however u need to read up thoroughly to do the process. go to the XDA Developers forum and search in the X section for the correct files. if other mods or dev are out there, they can prob get u the right link. good luck

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

Natey2

Reaction score
Hi...I am Paul and I am an idiot...I read these forums all the time but I have not joined as I was not going to do any rooting....then I did...I think what you do here is awesome and hope I cant learn how to make my droid X work again...as well as serve as an example to others of what not to do! Thanks!

I have resisted the temptation in these forums to root my phone.
I like motoblur, my phone still works, and believe me, there are worse alternatives out there.
I will wait for Verizon to push Gingerbread onto my DroidX.
Patience is a virtue :)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

OP
T

Trogdor1

Reaction score
Victory!

I watched a video..found and downloaded the files...ran them..and they all work! I just reactivated my phone....man does stock Froyo suck...now getting all my setting back!

Thanks everyone!

OP
T

Trogdor1

Reaction score
Great community

You guys are awesome...I was about to cry (not really but maybe after enough drinks) about the fact I was going to need a new phone... but the thoughtful and helpful techies here stepped up...This site is a great example of people helping people. I would sum it up in the words of Sterling Archer:

"awesomeness of ass-kicking proportions!"

Nuff Said

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ok well drink some for me, cause if I do, I might cry...Lol sucks to be in training sometimes

sent from the Hawaiian D2G