Need help with rooting phone

Prelude90

Reaction score
This phone is not from Verizon. It is from the insurance. Now I can't get it with holding the power button and volume down. Keeps bringing up the triangle with ( ! ) in it.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums

jrdx

Reaction score
What kind of phone- droid x is volume up, camera and power.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

doogald

Reaction score
This phone is not from Verizon. It is from the insurance. Now I can't get it with holding the power button and volume down. Keeps bringing up the triangle with ( ! ) in it.

The screen with the triangle is the stock recovery.

How did you try to root the phone? With the 1-click app? If so, I think that you missed a step.

It should be like this:

- from a running phone, install the 1click root app from the market.
- run the app.
- shut down and restart the phone without trying to start recovery. Restart it normally, as if you wanted to make a phone call.
- shut down the phone and restart in Recovery (hold down VolUp while pressing power until Amon_RA Recovery starts.)

The 1click root app is here: https://market.android.com/details?...1bGwsMSwxLDEsIm5ldC5hbmRpcmMuZXJpc3Jvb3RlciJd

Please note that developer asks for you to donate to a youth outreach program in lieu of payment for the app.

OP
P

Prelude90

Reaction score
I tried the volume down and power up. And volume up and power and it brings me to the same screen. I can't run the rom off my SD card.

doogald

Reaction score
I tried the volume down and power up. And volume up and power and it brings me to the same screen. I can't run the rom off my SD card.

Again, it sounds like you missed a step, if you are using 1click.

So, let's start over. How exactly did you root the phone? Did you use the 1click app, or some other method?

OP
P

Prelude90

Reaction score
No did not do the one click app. I had downloaded the Rom I wanted and did the volume down and held power. It worked on my first phone but will not work on this one.

doogald

Reaction score
Ok, you need to run the 1click root app first. Install it, run it. Important -> restart the phone. Then shut down the phone. Start holding VolUp. That should start Amon_RA Recovery, which will allow you to install the ROM you downloaded.

The 1click app has to be run to install the custom Amon_RA recovery which will allow you to install custom ROMs.

OP
P

Prelude90

Reaction score
Okay I will try it. Thank you.

OP
P

Prelude90

Reaction score
Okay the one click worked. Thank you for all your help.