Need help with my ringtones...

wdcspurs

Reaction score
when I originally set my phone up, I couldnt find a folder for ringtones. So I created a folder for them labeled "ringtones". I ran into an issue a couple weeks ago where specific ringtones wouldnt work for specific contacts. So i was advised to relocate them to the correct ringtone folder which is located in the media folder, where the notification folder also is. They work fine now, the only problem is when i go to set a ringtone, each ringtone is listed twice. The first one doesnt work and just beeps, the second one is the actual ringtone. What do i do at this point? It still only shows one of each ringtone when I hook my phoen up to the computer.

LuciferRex

Reaction score
Did you delete the original folder?
Try rebooting?
Sorry if you did try these, but sometimes it's a simple fix!

OP
wdcspurs

wdcspurs

Reaction score
You don't need to! Just hook up your phone to your computer and find the SD card under the hard drives. Open it and go to media, audio and tehre should be a ringtone folder and a notification folder. Just start throwing the tones in there.

Cheer Mom

Reaction score
I just found sd card under hard drive on my phone, lol. I have 38 folders in there and have no clue what they are. I finally found the media one with ringtones and notifications, however nothings in there. I have saved ringtones on my phone using ringtone apps. How do I transfer them to these folders? I'm sorry I'm really slow when it comes to this :(

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Okay I've searched and looked in the manual. I know I'm missing something simple. How do you assign a stock ringtone to an individual phone number?
Thanks in advance.
Simple really...but not as simple as it could be...

1) Open your Contacts...

2) Find the contact you want to assign the ringtone to and tap it to open it

3) With the contact open, click the Hard Menu button on the bottom left of the phone (4 squares)

4) You should see a menu pop-up with several options listed, to include "Settings" and "Edit".

5) Click the "Edit" button and now a larger menu should open. Here is the "tricky" part. Scroll all the way down as far as you can, you should come to the bottom of the menu page and on the left bottom of the screen should be a button lableled "More" with a small arrow pointing downward...click it..

6) This should no show more editable options, one of which should be "Assign Ringtone" or the like. Click it and that will bring up the Android Music Selector...use it to navigate to the ringtone you want.

7) Select the ringtone you want, and then click Apply or Done when you are finished and you should be good to go...

Hope this helps...:)

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Okay I've searched and looked in the manual. I know I'm missing something simple. How do you assign a stock ringtone to an individual phone number?
Thanks in advance.
Simple really...but not as simple as it could be...

1) Open your Contacts...

2) Find the contact you want to assign the ringtone to and tap it to open it

3) With the contact open, click the Hard Menu button on the bottom left of the phone (4 squares)

4) You should see a menu pop-up with several options listed, to include "Settings" and "Edit".

5) Click the "Edit" button and now a larger menu should open. Here is the "tricky" part. Scroll all the way down as far as you can, you should come to the bottom of the menu page and on the left bottom of the screen should be a button lableled "More" with a small arrow pointing downward...click it..

6) This should no show more editable options, one of which should be "Assign Ringtone" or the like. Click it and that will bring up the Android Music Selector...use it to navigate to the ringtone you want.

7) Select the ringtone you want, and then click Apply or Done when you are finished and you should be good to go...

Hope this helps...:)

Thank you.