Need Help so bad

Handspring92

Reaction score
I just got my first touch screen smart phone - dear god i need help. My husband is in Egypt and id like to Video call with him. I installed the Skype app onto my phone but it dosnt give me an option to video call or anything? how can i video call through skype if anyone can help.?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums :) I don't use Skype, but I'm sure someone who does, will be along to help you out :)

OP
H

Handspring92

Reaction score
lol thank you! I hope so!! Cause i feel so lost on how the hell i make it work!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
When you sign into Skype, go to contacts, click on the contact you are trying to reach and there should be a video call option along with voice call and IM.

lilhill

Reaction score
Are you using the Skype app or the Skype Mobile app? I believe the Skype app has more features than the Skype Mobile app.

First - from the main Skype screen after you sign in on your phone, touch the button in the top right which is three small dots, then select settings. Scroll to the bottom of the settings and make sure that the box next to "enable video calling" is checked!

If that doesn't solve the issue...

Does the device that you're calling (phone, tablet, computer) have a camera connected? If not, that could be the reason you're not able to initiate a video call.

SIIG

Reaction score
You need to make sure the person whom you are trying to talk with has approved you to chat with them. Make his/her name does show up on your contacts.