Need help getting on XBL

thebrandon

Reaction score
I am having a hell of a time trying to get onto XBL tethering from my phone.

I tried tether straight to the xbox, and while it can recognize the signal, it can't connect to it for some reason.

I've been playing around on my macbook pro trying t share the internet connection and have had little to no luck.

Are there step by step instructions on how to get on to XBL with a mac or straight from my phone? I have the original droid, rooted running 2.2.

Thanks!

OP
T

thebrandon

Reaction score
or if anyone knows of any phones that the xbox can use the wireless tether. My friend had a droid incredible that worked, he was on t-mobile though and I'm not sure if that would matter or not, now he has an evo 4g with sprint that works.

he doesn't share the internet through his laptop, he just uses the regular wireless tether from his phone and it can power both my xbox, and his at the same time.

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
or if anyone knows of any phones that the xbox can use the wireless tether. My friend had a droid incredible that worked, he was on t-mobile though and I'm not sure if that would matter or not, now he has an evo 4g with sprint that works.

he doesn't share the internet through his laptop, he just uses the regular wireless tether from his phone and it can power both my xbox, and his at the same time.

I advise against tethering to an xbox for a couple reasons....

Have you tryed the app wireless tether. Always worked fine on my ogdroid.

SSX 2.0 and underclocked to 800mhz with ultra low voltages.

OP
T

thebrandon

Reaction score
I've tried using the good ol' wireless tether app with no luck. This is the one where my xbox recognizes the signal, but can not connect to the internet or XBL. I'm really not sure what is going on here, or why it is not working.

I am aware of the risks of tethering to the xbox, and I will not be using it on a regular basis, or for gameplay most of the time.

could this be possibly something to do with the kernel I have or the rom I am using?

I have succulent desire 7 using a p3 kernel. I think it's 200 min 1000 max, I don't remember if it's low or regular voltage.

Last edited:

Branski81

Reaction score
I tried to use the 3G hotspot for my DroidX and the Xbox says the connection is solid, but the speed is not allowed and will cause too high of a ping. I don't know if that answers what you were asking, but I believe it is not possible to use the phone for the Xbox.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
T

thebrandon

Reaction score
well, I just switched my rom and kernel to the droid concepts build 11 and a different p3 kernel.

Now it WORKS!!!!!!!!!!! And awesomely.

I did it all through rom manager downloading all the available extras. The wireless tether connects instantly to the xbox and my laptop, where as before I would usually have to try a few times to get my laptop connected.

I'm very pleased and am currently running two laptops on my new rom/kernel smooth and flawlessly.

Also to clarify, I was able to connect to xbox live with the new rom/kernel combo, I'm thinking my old kernel just wasn't able to do it.

Last edited: