Need Andriod version, build #, and baseband version for latest stock build

techinv

Reaction score
I'm running rooted, but am in discussions with VZW about service issues. I don't want to unroot and stop running the ROM that I have until the last possible moment :happy3:. Can someone just let me know, or point me to, what VZW considers latest and greatest for stock OTA?

Thanks

CD95YJ

Reaction score
You talking 4.1.1 or 4.2.2? 4.2.2 was leaked a few days ago with new build number and radios

OP
T

techinv

Reaction score
You talking 4.1.1 or 4.2.2? 4.2.2 was leaked a few days ago with new build number and radios

I want to know what the version, build, and baseband would be if I were running stock, unrooted. This way, if they ask me, I can give them that information without losing my custom ROM for now.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I want to know what the version, build, and baseband would be if I were running stock, unrooted. This way, if they ask me, I can give them that information without losing my custom ROM for now.

What kind of service issues are you having?

OP
T

techinv

Reaction score
Since Sat Mar 9 (where I found that VZW had a pretty massive outage affecting a large part of the US), I've had wildly inconsistent 3G/4G data, but I've also not been able to make/receive voice calls or send texts. When I make a call, I either get mobile network not available right away after hitting send, or I get an automated msg from VZW saying my call is going to be transferred to an external operator to be completed as a calling card, collect, or credit card call; and then the call drops.

VZW says that there about 10 open tickets from my home zip code alone with similar symptoms, so they're pretty sure it's not my device. Issue is that my phone is out of warranty, so not sure what they're going to do.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Since Sat Mar 9 (where I found that VZW had a pretty massive outage affecting a large part of the US), I've had wildly inconsistent 3G/4G data, but I've also not been able to make/receive voice calls or send texts. When I make a call, I either get mobile network not available right away after hitting send, or I get an automated msg from VZW saying my call is going to be transferred to an external operator to be completed as a calling card, collect, or credit card call; and then the call drops.

VZW says that there about 10 open tickets from my home zip code alone with similar symptoms, so they're pretty sure it's not my device. Issue is that my phone is out of warranty, so not sure what they're going to do.

If vzw is saying its them there isn't much they can do as far as your phone is concerned. They can give you a credit for minutes you're unable to use, but a new devise isn't going to solve the issue with their network.