Need a holder for my X for a bicycle

msu

Reaction score
Would prefer one that is water proof, but I can use a regular one. I tried on one, but my X didn't fit in in.

SACDROID

Reaction score
Ironman

Sounds like you want one you can wear. I found one that fits my Thunderbolt and used it today. Snug fit but it works. The package says yurbuds and I found it at BestBuy. Package also marked Ironman.
It will work but to play with it while riding I am looking for one to mount on the handlebars of my road bike. I just started looking and they are all much bulkier than I was thinking.

Good luck in your search.

staff017

Reaction score
I took an armband holder for my Droid and attached it around a top tube bag. Its a separate little bag that works like a seat bag, and also makes the top tube about the circumference of an arm. Stuffed the top tube bag with a washcloth to make it stable. Then you can strap a neoprene armband holder around it nice and tight. It stays put beautifully, and still is lower in elevation than my handlebars so it should stay protected in a fall. Full setup was less than 25 bucks. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

SACDROID

Reaction score
I took an armband holder for my Droid and attached it around a top tube bag. Its a separate little bag that works like a seat bag, and also makes the top tube about the circumference of an arm. Stuffed the top tube bag with a washcloth to make it stable. Then you can strap a neoprene armband holder around it nice and tight. It stays put beautifully, and still is lower in elevation than my handlebars so it should stay protected in a fall. Full setup was less than 25 bucks. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Well I have the arm band and was thinking about it's use on the bars. Your idea sounds workable. My only concern is that I am running media and GPS on my phone and being able to see it well enough is my only issue with the arm band. I have used the arm band and in the bag and the sun shining it is hard to read and hit the right buttons while riding. Your way does sound safer for the phone.

staff017

Reaction score
I ride probably 4x/week in the southwest- lots of sun. As long as I remember to turn the brightness up before I leave, I have minimal issues moving between Pandora, cardiotrainer, and the home screen. This is with sunglasses.

FuelBelt Aero FuelBox, Black
This is the bag I have, and when you stuff it and strap the armband on, it gives a near perfect viewing angle. I guess that's why it's easy to see. Then you're back to one-handed use as well. Only downside I've found is that on big climbs, my knees brush the armband. Not enough to dislodge it, but enough to cause a slightly bowlegged ride. =)

SACDROID

Reaction score
Just order this today. Waterproof too

SM032 - Bicycle or Motorcycle Handlebar Mount for iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, Original, HTC Incredible, EVO 4G, Motorola Droid 2, Droid, and Most Other Smartphones with Water Resistant Holder

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
I had the SM032 and my X did not fit in it. Arkon was very nice and did my return. The guy also told me that what I should have got was the gps holder instead which would work with the X. But, I really didn't like the case for some reason.

I think I'm just going to get a generic holder and see how it goes. I don't ride in the rain.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
i'm thinking about hacking together a mount that would allow me to mount it on my handlebars for streaming and easy access.

xCore

Reaction score
search ebay for the slipgrip mounts, there's a few that are made specifically for bike mounting.