Nebtop MOD App Easy Webtop hack for Droid 4 and other Moto Devices!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
07019_motorola_atrix_webtop.jpg

Webtop hack for the Droid4 and other motorola devices! For those that are not familiar Webtop gives you a full desktop experience on any Screen with HDMI input. It normally requires a $100 adaptor or a $200 laptop dock. Nebtop allows you to enable Webtop via HDMI only via a convenient app. This also enables the virtual pad on the screen when the webtop is enabled. It creates a runtime Mod that simulates the event of the HD Docking so that the virtual pad will come up. This paired with the hw.whisper allows for the webtop option to come up. This app does not change anything in the system permanently so it avoids the pesky errors that can occur when trying to revert to stock because it does not modify the stock webtop in any way! This is also universal and works on the Razr, Droid4 and photon, and possibly other moto devices like the BIONIC!

Discuss and download Nebtop here

Last edited by a moderator:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Now, we just need a webtop hack that works as an application since the ICS ROMs do not include webtop...

RedTarget

Reaction score
Nice to see that there's always an alternative to make various features work!

STG - I'm betting the reason why Jelly Bean is coming out so soon after ICS is to possibly resolve this. I have no concrete evidence to back this up aside from ChromeOS being included with Jelly Bean... so it's just my gut feeling.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Nice to see that there's always an alternative to make various features work!

STG - I'm betting the reason why Jelly Bean is coming out so soon after ICS is to possibly resolve this. I have no concrete evidence to back this up aside from ChromeOS being included with Jelly Bean... so it's just my gut feeling.

Thats a great point Red... Something to ponder...

Axiom Razr maxx'd out on AOKP