N-Gage Emulator?

NVash

Reaction score
Im just wondering if theres an N-Gage emulator and ROMS anywhere. I remember the system was horrible but maybe itd be alittle better on the Droid.

Alex K.

Reaction score
I never knew anybody cared enough about the N-Gage to emulate it. :xx

but I just did a quick search and nothing appeared. Sorry mate.

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
Its funny, I cant find an N-Gage emulator for anything. Think they have one for PC but thats no good when you have a MAC.

Thanks though, hopefully someone will pick a project like this up later down the road, if only to show everyone whether or not the N-Gage was truly junk.

Alex K.

Reaction score
Its funny, I cant find an N-Gage emulator for anything. Think they have one for PC but thats no good when you have a MAC.

Thanks though, hopefully someone will pick a project like this up later down the road, if only to show everyone whether or not the N-Gage was truly junk.

Just ask every forum about an emu, and eventually someone will pick up on your idea, it happens all the time. :D

jabro

Reaction score
The fact that there isn't one and no one is even attempting it speaks about the quality of the games on an N-Gage.

Alex K.

Reaction score
The fact that there isn't one and no one is even attempting it speaks about the quality of the games on an N-Gage.

I'm sorry sir, but the N-Gage was a short-lived platform that was on a phone that was not as available as most others were. It was also not in demand at the time it was released, and if it were re-engineered for today as a new form of a gaming centric phone with 3D capabilities and a snapdragon processor - while cartridge games were distributed via a secondary microSD slot, or via digital download that is not entirely proprietary in payment (using google checkout or paypal is logical), the platform will most likely succeed, especially if the phone was linux and supported open development. I'm not talking about further fragmenting android, but something more along the lines of OpenPandora.

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
Huh? That last post went completely over my head.

I think the main reason the N-Gage failed was the controls. Those controls on that phone were crazy, I remember trying to play it years ago when it first came out and thinking how bad the controls were. They were mind-bogglingly terrible. Who in the World came up with that mess? Ive heard that the games on there were really good, so I figure if they get ported to a PSP or even the Droid, with better controls, the good games might shine through. Could be wrong but I figure it might be worth it to look into it.