1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid x kernels

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by Gagemeister894, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Gagemeister894

Gagemeister894 New Member

I've searched through the forums, and haven't found what I'm looking for.

I've noticed that kernels have become a lot more complex from what I had on my Droid G1. I'm looking into possibly installing a kernel for my Liberty Rom v1.5. What I have noticed is that there are like 3 different kinds kernels and all. Could someone tell me what the differences between the three are, and which kind I need on my rooted droid x running Liberty. I know how to install them once I have the one i want/need...that is as long as you still put it on the root of the SD card and rename it to update.zip and install it from the recovery screen. But, if that has changed I'd like to know before I get knees deep into doing this! :)

Thanks for all the help yet again!!
    Gage
  2. Manigma77

Manigma77 New Member

U cannot flash kernals to the dx. It has a locked bootloader.
  3. Brennan_Huber

Brennan_Huber Theme Developer Theme Developer

For a very detailed explanation search what is a kernal and I believe my thread will come up and on it one Guy gave the best explanation of a kernal and why you can't change it.

If you can't find it then check out my topics on my profile.

Sent from my DROIDX
Search tags for this page
droid x kernel

droid x kernel update

droid x loop kernel
droid x2 loop kernel
how to get loop kernel for droid x
what is the default kernel droid x version