My phones quackin'

Xerofire22

Reaction score
I was cutting the grass today, listening to music off my phone. All of a sudden it just stops playing, and my phone freezes up. I give it a minute and hit the home button it works, then I stopped the music player and went back and it worked until it stopped again and my phone turned off. The thing is you know when you turn your phone on and it shows the eye? It was stuck there for 15-30 minutes had to do a BP.
Anyone know why my phone tripped out?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DARTH MAXIMUS

Reaction score
definitely overheated, happens every time down here, keep er shaded well

mwshows

Reaction score
I found something out today along the same lines because I did something stupid.

I took my family to a lake close to us for a day of swimming and left my DX in the car dock in 97 degree heat!!! Stupid stupid I know. We got back in the Durango, turned it on, and my phone had a screen I had never seen. The screen said it was in "cool down mode" and I could not do anything besides make an emergency call. After about 5 minutes with the battery cover off, holding it in front of the air conditioning vent, it beeped and told me normal operation was resuming. Luckily for me the phone protected itself rather well from the extreme heat on my dashboard. Good thing my DX is smarter than I am sometimes!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I got my phone to about 130 degrees last night. That was as hot as I've ever had it and it didn't go in to cool down mode. I wonder at what temp does the phone start to freak?! Also, it was Netflix that got my phone that hot. Anyone else have this issue?

OP
X

Xerofire22

Reaction score
I don't think it over heated, it was 70° when I was out there.