my phone wont pick up on any music/pictures!

jocko1

Reaction score
I open the gallery, and I get no pictures showing up. Even though I can go through a file manager and go check them out.
I open the music app, and I get no songs showing up. Even though I can go through a file manager and have them open up momentarily in the music app(s).
I have tried everything, from rebooting to restoring a different backup on an entirely different ROM. I believe something happened to the media on my SD card itself. I know its not corrupt, because I can still view and open them.
Anybody got a fix?

chrstdvd

Reaction score
This probably is not going to be much help, but when I use Astro to look at SD Card, my Music is in the "Music" folder, and my Pictures are in the "DCIM" folder.

If this is the case for you, you might go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and clear the cache for the music player and the camera.

OP
J

jocko1

Reaction score
Yep, I don't have those folders on my card. I fixed the music problem, but the picture one is still here. I have no idea what to do. I can't even change my wallpaper now because I can't access a gallery with my pictures.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Try this. Place a Folder on your phone "DCIM" Inside that folder make another called ".thumbnails" and another folder "Camera".

Take a few pictures and then open the gallery and see if you have the pictures in there that you just took.

I have two files in my ".thumbnails" folder. If the above does not work I can email those to you to see if it fixes it. I think phone should make those files automatically though.

If all that works, hook your phone up to computer, and put it into USB mass storage mode. Then search every folder to see if you find your lost pictures. If you do, then transfer them to the DCIM > Camera Folder.

The pictures I save from emails and text messages are placed in the Folder "Download".

If none of that works, you might need to search the Rescue Squad Forum for the R2D2 specifically. It is located farther down the main page on the forum.

OP
J

jocko1

Reaction score
Yes sir, it seems as if I do have that DCIM folder. Before my phone started going awry, the gallery showed all pictures on my sd card. I.e. a folder called "launcher pro docks" had its own "folder" called launcher pro docks. In it was docks I downloaded and put into the docks folder. Now I get nothing? Including pictures I had just taken? This sucks.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
You could try one more thing before I would SBF back to stock to see if the problem exists with stock apps. Settings > SD Card and phone storage > Unmount SD card and then remount it.

If you have the problem with a stock phone, take it back.