is my sd card bad or what????

jdog94

Reaction score
for some reason music and pics from sd card wont show up on phone in gallery or music player

they do show in file manager

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
for some reason music and pics from sd card wont show up on phone in gallery or music player

they do show in file manager

Like to help you but your simply not giving enough information. How did you load the music in there, what kind of files are they? Can you see the files when you mount your phone to a computer?

OP
J

jdog94

Reaction score
The file have been there and always worked till the last week ..
..I see them from computer and file mng ...I have sbfed and reformatted sd card and put files back in card but they wont show in gallery or music player

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
J

jdog94

Reaction score
I can take pics and they show up in gallery till reboot then they are gone .......still on card just not in gallery

txter

Reaction score
i am having the same problem.
i just got a D2G. i flashed Liberty 2.0.1 w/ rom'er_v7. i also themed it with epic blue bold. everything was working fine for a day. then the soft keys started acting weird. they would stay on when i turned the screen on. they would come on if i touched the screen and go off as soon as i wasnt touching the screen. gallery was working fine. i took some pix and could view them in gallery throughtout the day. i rebooted the phone and after that i lost gallery previews. if i go to a file manager (stock or astro) i can see the files of the pix along with a preview of them. but if i tap on gallery all i get is the count of the number of pix in one folder. no frame of the preview either. if i tap on that count number i get all the frames for pix like it knows somethings there but wont show the pix.
i have tried to fix permissions, reflashed liberty 2.0.1 twice. i reverted back to my stock nandroid and even in the stock back up gallery wont work.

i actually use gallery and the camera ALOT. i have a 3 yr old and im always takin pix so this concerns me highly.

OP
J

jdog94

Reaction score
Seems like reformating sd and not putting anything back on fixed it now ill put stuff back a little at a time

txter

Reaction score
i will try that when i get some free time.
i searched in market for "gallery" and tried to install gallery3D. it wouldnt install. kept saying successful. so i downloaded QuickPic. this installed fine. when i first opened it up it said it couldnt find any pictures and asked if my card was mounted. it was. i opened up settings and clicked on show hidden and every folder popped up and i can see all my pix just fine.
this makes me wonder if something is hiding my folders on the sd card and gallery cant find them.
i did take a picture and that is the only one i can see in gallery.
i tried to long press the homescreen to set a new wallpaper. when i try to pull a pix from gallery it wont show me anything. i can view all other options for wallpaper folders.
uuummmmmm

txter

Reaction score
i fixed the gallery picture issue. im posting this to help others. look in your files (i used astro) for anything named .nomedia and delete it. using astro i found one right in the root. deleted it and now gallery show all photos in all folders.

OP
J

jdog94

Reaction score
i had .nomedia on my card i had read a tip the pictures you put in .nomedia would not show up in gallery but other photos would .........but maybe thats not the case

Reaction score
Anything that's in a FOLDER with a .nomedia tag will not show up. If the .nomedia tag was in the root of your SD card, then NOTHING on the SD card will show up. It's working exactly how it's supposed to.

txter

Reaction score
your right. nothing would show up in gallery. and if i opened up music then i couldnt see any music either. i downloaded QuickPic for a new gallery. when i first opened it it would tell me it couldnt see any pictures and to mount my card. i clicked the option to show hidden files and everything would show up.
thats what got me looking for a hidden folder or something.
its good to know about this little tip to hide things though.