MY Gnex lost it's MAC address, now I can't connect to Wifi .. Help.

TechJPC

Reaction score
Is there any way of resolving this ? It constantly says "Turning on WiFi".
I checked Advanced settings and it says MAC Address unavailable and IP Address unavailable.

:angry:

Thanks
Joe

OP
T

TechJPC

Reaction score
This is simple, but did you try a reboot?
I rebooted several times. Did a battery pull. I was rooted when it started, so I went back to stock and still have the same problem.
VZW sent me a new refurb Gnex and now that 4g keeps dropping on that one, but Id prefer to have my orig Gnex, thats why I'm hoping for a fix.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I rebooted several times. Did a battery pull. I was rooted when it started, so I went back to stock and still have the same problem.
VZW sent me a new refurb Gnex and now that 4g keeps dropping on that one, but Id prefer to have my orig Gnex, thats why I'm hoping for a fix.

Have you tried "Forgetting" whatever network you're trying to connect to?

OP
T

TechJPC

Reaction score
Have you tried "Forgetting" whatever network you're trying to connect to?
I can't get that far. My device is showing no MAC address, so all of my settings are grayed out. It has nothing to do with wifi settings.

Fooshnik

Reaction score
I had a replacement nexus come in and the 4G kept dropping on it. You'd think they'd have gotten this resolved only 9 months after release, but evidently not. Unless the refurbs we're getting are all the crap phones that people returned back in March.