My G7 Review

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I've had my G7 for about a month or so and I'm very happy with this phone. Admittedly there are a ton of detailed reviews on this phone both on tech sites and YouTube so I'm going to try and go a different direction than most. This is going to be my real world experience with this phone.

The first thing that I noticed is how good this phone looks and feels. I got the platinum gray model. The layout and feel of the buttons is really nice. Great feedback on the buttons. It's definitely a premium phone. It has Gorilla Glass 5 on the front and back.

As far as performance, this phone is fast and smooth. I've noticed no lag at all. What really impressed me is the lack of bloat and useless apps. Granted there are always some but many installed apps are as good or better than the paid apps I've used in the past. A few examples of the apps I no longer need to use are...

Poweramp- The installed music app is great. It has an equalizer and a few other great settings for sound including a headphone jack. One of this phone's claim to fame is the music player. It's loud and sounds great. There are other reviews that go into more detail about this on YouTube. You should check them out.

Flash Alert- I work in a noisy environment and I like the phone to flash when it rings. It has that ability which is nice. It flashes to the beat of the ringtone.

Nova Launcher- This is the first smart phone I've ever had where I am not using a replacement home launcher. This phone doesn't need it. I like the double tap to wake the screen up or turn it off. I'm happy with that.

Pie Control- The floating bar feature gives me quick access to the apps I want. It's simple and it works.

Weather Underground- The installed weather widget is great. It opens to the weather app with a background that matches the weather outside. It gives you extended forecast as well as an hour by hour breakdown.

I know everyone has the preference on apps but to me, the installed ones are very well thought out and designed nicely. Normally I don't use them at all but on this phone I was very pleasantly surprised about how well they work.

I also like that you can launch the camera with a double click of the the power button. I am hoping that they allow us the ability to reassign the dedicated Google assist button to something else. That would be nice.

As far as battery life goes, I'm not a power user so this phone usually lasts me all day with plenty of power to spare.

The screen is super bright and you can boost the brightness above 100% for a short time if you need to but I can see this screen in the full noon time sun without an issue without boosting it.

The camera is great. It's a dual 16MP camera. The second one is a wide angle camera. There are many in depth reviews on YouTube if you want more details.

On paper the specs match up to the S9 but from what I've read from actual users the G7 is faster than the S9 and the battery last longer. Again this is just from what I've read online. The size falls between the S9 and S9+. This phone has many other features that I haven't mentioned because I don't use them. Again you can find some very detailed reviews on YouTube.

My conclusion is if your looking for a new phone and the S9 is on your list, this phone needs to be too. It's worthy of the "Flagship" label. This is my first LG and if they keep building phone's like this it won't be my last.

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I couldn't agree with you more.. it's a really solid device... it ticks all the boxes... I mentioned on another thread this is the new LG... it doesn't get the recognition bc of it's past and Samsung has the track record... also plenty of competition with similar specs... but LG listened and upgraded from it's shortcomings on prior builds.. it's really a great device...

LG G7

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Judging from the response and the fact that we don't have a G7 forum, I'm thinking we're there only two on the site with these phones. :confused:

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
If they're smart they will.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I still love this phone. No problems with it at all. My only complaint is LG's slow updates.