My Droid MAXX screen no longer auto rotates :(

Phillies

Reaction score
I just realized that my MAXX no longer has a auto rotating screen. I went into the display options and it's selected as an option but still doesn't work. Any thoughts on this? Thanks

OP
P

Phillies

Reaction score
I'd reboot if I knew how. I'm used to just doing battery pulls with my previous phones.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hold the power button & volume down button for ten seconds to hard reset. Or press the power button & select power off & then you will manually power back on.

~it's not just a phone~

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Well besides just powering down the device by pressing the power button and choosing power off, lets get you used to doing a "battery pull" w/ your MAXX. To do this press Volume DOWN and the Power Button simultaneously until the phone reboots. It's should take about 10 seconds to get your phone to reboot. As an FYI that key combination is hardware dependent so it will always work.

So now you just learned to do a battery pull :)

Good luck. Let me know if it fixed the "issue"

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are the home screens suppose to rotate?
Everything else rotates for me (settings menu, app drawer and pretty much any app) just the stock home doesn't ...
Cant remember if it did before the update or not. (24hrs after i got phone i had update ).

----posted maxx'ed out----

MaXGTS

Reaction score
I've lost auto screen rotation twice. Rebooting fixed it both times. No biggie.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Yep no auto rotation on the home screens. Only in apps or if you use a launcher.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
My RAZR has never auto rotated any of the home screens. Everything else does, just not home screen. Bone stock. No launchers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
Oops just noticed Johnny k said same thing..its late..

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I found this same issue on my RAZR Maxx, :blink: reboots seem to cure this problem till the next time it rears it ugly head. But for how GREAT this phone is, I can live with a daily reboot to keep it healthy. :D

CK, :hail: Thanks for that simulated battery pull method, I had heard it existed, but didn't know exactly how it worked till you posted it.
Thanks Bud !! Ya never know when that will really need to be used someday.

I am still running naked & bone stock too.
And Loving it !!! :icon_ lala: