Music

amycmcc

Reaction score
I plug my phone in to the AUX in my car on long drives to play my music. I'm a slave to navigation so my battery goes fast. If I plug in the charger while playing music I get a horrible noise. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ripper2860

Reaction score
It may be related to the known issue of noise through the line-out/headphone jack, with the current Bionic firmware. It's supposed to be fixed in the next Over The Air update from Verizon. Likely end of NOV to early DEC. Users that have instlled a "leaked" version of newer updates have reported that the issue is resolved after they updated.

OP
amycmcc

amycmcc

Reaction score
I just installed the leak... We'll see if it's fixed. Thanks

916A2

Reaction score
I plug my phone in to the AUX in my car on long drives to play my music. I'm a slave to navigation so my battery goes fast. If I plug in the charger while playing music I get a horrible noise. Any suggestions?

It has nothing to do with the headphone jack, I get it too whenever connecting anything to a car charger in my work van. I think its a ground issue cause it sounds like alternator whine in a stereo system.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

ripper2860

Reaction score
There are reported issues with the headphone jack emitting a hiss which may be amplified when connecting to a car AUX jack and reportedly resolved with the "leaked" firmware. However, if the sound is a whine that changes frequency with engine RPM's, then it is most likely as stated in the previous post and related to the car's electrical system or grounding.

I use mine in the car on a Motorola Car Dock w/ GPS running while charging and use Bluetooth to stream music to the car stereo and have absolutely no noise. Could be that an electrical issue or grounding issue does not exist in my vehicle -- or it could be that mine is fine because I'm not using the headphone jack to AUX in on the stereo. I'm curious to see what "amycmcc" reports back.

OP
amycmcc

amycmcc

Reaction score
It only happens when plugged in to both. I can play music with no weird sound if I'm not charging, and no sounds if I'm just charging and not plugged in to the AUX. I have not tried since the leak.... My charger has mysteriously disappeared. I will update you when I replace it.

OP
amycmcc

amycmcc

Reaction score
It still does it, plus my phone died! No power. Not even an led when on the charger. Tried a new battery, and an alternate reset using the volume and power keys. Just like a brick. Verizon did send me a new phone though. I hope it wasn't the update!