music player suddenly gone crazy

bandini

Reaction score
so, I did the usual routine of plugging my droidx into my pc, deleting some folders from my music area manually, adding some new ones, etc.

unplugged from pc, opened music library & noticed that all the albums I just deleted are still listed in the music library, even though they are no longer on the SD card.

the player won't let me delete any of them - it freezes when I try, and then shortly will just go black.

so, I figured, okay, I always knew the music player was buggy and crappy, so I tried downloading some other music apps. the albums are still there!

so, this tells me that the problem lies in the way the phone deals with files, not specifically the music app. aside from the usual "pull the battery" (already done) /"wipe the phone and reformat" solutions, does anyone have any thoughts/ideas on how to deal with this?

thanks much, guys -

OP
B

bandini

Reaction score
Well, found the solution. Here it is in case anyone else has this prob:

1) clear data on Gallery
2) clear data on Media Storage
3) unmount SD card
4) reboot

this had the effect of, not only getting the music library current, but also of restoring several of the photos that the gallery had become unable to view for some reason.

benhodges

Reaction score

1) clear data on Gallery
3) unmount SD card
4) reboot

this had the effect of, not only getting the music library current, but also of restoring several of the photos that the gallery had become unable to view for some reason.

When you say "clear data", how exactly did you do that?

OP
B

bandini

Reaction score

1) clear data on Gallery
3) unmount SD card
4) reboot

When you say "clear data", how exactly did you do that?

Settings/Applications/Manage Applications