music cuts out

kr0n

Reaction score
Since UD 3.0 I've had a problem with music playback. I use the stock music app, and I constantly have an issue where the music will randomly cut out for 1-2 seconds. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

superblah

Reaction score
Same here. It's happened on every GB ROM I've tried. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

OP
K

kr0n

Reaction score
Same here. It's happened on every GB ROM I've tried. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

I've spent a good deal of time researching this issue, but have come up empty handed.

njones0100

Reaction score
Is your music cutting out for a few seconds and then resuming?

Any time I begin music playback and then open any other app, my music force closes. Unfortunately, this appears to be a memory issue. The reason that gingerbread was not officially released for the droid is because the device lacks the memory to be able to run the rom without issues like this.

I've yet to find a gingerbread rom that I don't have this problem with. Guess I'll be switching back to 2.5.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Project elite and ss gbread roms have a keep in memory option that stops this from happening.

briantmathers

Reaction score
This same problem is happening to me on Liquid 1.7... Didnt start happening until recently

superblah

Reaction score
Yeah it definitely started happening semi recently. On earlier GB roms I was running it with no issue.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
K

kr0n

Reaction score
Is your music cutting out for a few seconds and then resuming?

Any time I begin music playback and then open any other app, my music force closes. Unfortunately, this appears to be a memory issue. The reason that gingerbread was not officially released for the droid is because the device lacks the memory to be able to run the rom without issues like this.

I've yet to find a gingerbread rom that I don't have this problem with. Guess I'll be switching back to 2.5.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

No, just cuts out. The music doesn't pause, the sound just drops then comes back