Music Cache will not update for Music player!

JMThor

Reaction score
I got my Bionic about 2 weeks ago and things were going ok with it. They still are for the most part. I have a mac, so I downloaded doubletwist, then paid for airtwist/airsync which seems like a poor program for many reasons. To get to the point, I made a folder with probably about 15 gigs of music and synced that to my phone all at once. When I disconnected my phone form the computer and pulled up my music player (I use doubletwist and the stock player, but also have google music installed), MANY of the songs had double location copies (So I think there was actually only one file for each, but when you looked at albums there would be doubles). So, I reconnected my phone, deleted all of the music, put just a few songs on to see if it was still making doubles, and now it shows all of the old songs (like over 2000) that are not actually on there. When I select one, the program freezes and must force quit. I tried doing a battery and sim card pull to reboot. I have no idea what is going on or what to do. Please help!

kaylesworth

Reaction score
Go to Manage Apps -> All and select the music app that you want to clear and then select clear data and clear cache. That should clear all the "ghost" files out.

OP
JMThor

JMThor

Reaction score
Thanks :) Somehow on the 3rd time i took out the sim it refreshed. I'll remember this for the future.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

biyobe

Reaction score
i too am having this issue - cleared all data on all music apps, do not have the SD card in and cannot get rid of these non-existent songs... so frustrating!