Multiple calendars on Droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jpisnot, Apr 4, 2010.

1. jpisnot

jpisnot New Member

Hi all-
    I have done a lot of reading before posting this... I am getting mixed reviews and bad information so I thought I would try my own post. Here goes...

I have a corporate domain hosted through google, www dot ajhauling dot com, Google also host our email as well, its "powered by Gmail" (Its the same thing as a gmail account) I pretty much run the whole company from the online calendar and its very important for me to see/change that calendar on a daily basis from my Droid in the field. I would also like to find a way or an app where I can have my own personal gmail account sync with my phone. (My co-workers dont need to see that my grandmothers birthday is coming up).

I have been to Verizon, Called Google, Called Motorola and nobody can give me a straight answer. I have factory reset the phone more times than I care to tell you about in the 4 days that I have had this thing!

So as of now I am sync'd with my corporate calendar at the ajhauling domain but don't have any way to set reminders/appts for my personal stuff.

Sorry for going on and on I just want to make sure people understand what I am attempting to do here.

JP
  2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Welcome to the forum!

If you go to Menu>accounts in the gmail app, you can add another gmail account. As for separate calendar entries, you might try downloading a calendar app from the market, or a nice agenda/todo list. Not sure if any of those will allow you to sync with the secondary email instead, but I'd say it's worth a shot.
  3. lower7

lower7 New Member

Have you tried creating a personal gmail account and then sharing your work gmail calender with your personal? My wife and i both have gmail calendars and she shares hers with mine and I with her. Her appointments show up on my personal calendar in a different color. Not perfect but it might get you close to what you need.

Good luck.
  4. jpisnot

jpisnot New Member

Thank you guys for the input. All the after market apps out there wont sync with my corporate calendar. I dont know if its becase the account is not a "gmail" account or what. I have tried the whole sharing bit as well.. Unless my Droid is set up with the corporate account as the default account it will not sync correctly. UGH. I am also hearing that the update will allow me to accomplish what I am trying to do.. tick tock tick tock..

JP
  5. Hoover

Hoover New Member

I am having the exact same problem as you might have seen on my other post. I cannot add a second email? I have access to add or remove the gmail account tied to the phone but if I click add account it stays grayed out for new accounts - even after the 2.1 update I got today.
  6. solar

solar Member

If it was me, i'd setup my corp google account using the default mail app (not gmail app) and calander as an IMAP account (blue calander). I know that at least works. I know someone who has a corp google mail accout, and while it won't seem to sync when you setup it up an en exchange account, it will as a standard IMAP account.

Then i'd create a personal email address and calendar using standard gmail.

You should be able to see both calanders using something like iRT Calendar. I haven't tried this app yet, but I think I might. That way you won't have to bother your workers with you grandmas bday and such. :happy:
  7. Hoover

Hoover New Member

Sharing works for me. I shared my corporate calendar with my personal calendar and my work entries now show up on my phone, woohoo.
Search tags for this page
add second separate calendar to android

android corporate calendar two accounts

android multiple calendars for corporate account

android separate calendars

can i sync up multiple driod calanders
how do i keep separate calendars on android
how do i manage multiple calendars on my droid
how do i view multiple calanders on my droid dna

how to add two different calenders on droid

how to have separate calendars on android

irt calendar sync with g mail
motorola droid mini viewing two calenders

separate calendars android

show multiple calendars on droid?
why do i have multiples of the same calendar on my android?