Motorola's Droid 3 Shows Up in GLBenchmark with TI OMAP4 CPU

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
glbenchmarkDROID3-egypt.png

The above and below pic shows off the amazing performance of the upcoming Droid 3 from Motorola. The phone showed up in these GLBenchmarks sporting the same TI OMAP4 processor that is in the LG Optimus 3D, and appears to be dominating many of the scores right alongside it. The Droid 3 does better in the Egypt test, coming in second with a 26.7. On the PRO test, it didn't fare quite as well, although it is still near the top of the heap in 5th place.

glbenchmarkDROID333-PRO.png

Keep in mind that the Droid 3 also uses a higher resolution (qHD) display than many of the phones that bested it, which actually makes the phone work harder and come in with lower relative scores. If the screens were equal it is entirely possible that the Droid 3 may have topped the charts. Regardless, the Droid 3 is obviously going to be a very powerful device when it comes out, and it will be interesting to see how it performs in "real-world" testing. Later this summer and early fall it is going to be tough deciding between all the amazing phones, but this is definitely going to be at the top of many people's lists.

Source: TalkAndroid and PhanDroid

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Wow, that's got some juice! Now please put that cpu in a phone that doesnt have a whacky slide out keyboard.

Frankiebonez

Reaction score
My OG Droid is ****ting the bed as I type this lol... My money is cocked and loaded I want this phone sooooooo bad!!!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or a device coming out before July 6th.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ to you and some ppl....but trust and believe not to the majority of ppl wanting this phone.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is nice to see some other dual cores out besides Tegra 2. I wasnt really feeling Tegra 2 anyway.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
On the PRO test, it didn't fare quite as well, although it is still near the top of the heap in 5th place.

glbenchmarkDROID333-PRO.png

Keep in mind that the Droid 3 also uses a higher resolution (qHD) display than many of the phones that bested it, which actually makes the phone work harder and come in with lower relative scores. If the screens were equal it is entirely possible that the Droid 3 may have topped the charts. Regardless, the Droid 3 is obviously going to be a very powerful device when it comes out, and it will be interesting to see how it performs in "real-world" testing. Later this summer and early fall it is going to be tough deciding between all the amazing phones, but this is definitely going to be at the top of many people's lists.

Source: TalkAndroid and PhanDroid

Two of the 4 phones that bested the Droid 3 were also qHD, so it would not have topped the chart in the PRO test. Still, very impressive performance and probably at the top of my list to replace my Droid in a month.

worthless if the bootloader is lock

Couldn't care less, to me or to 95% of those who will buy it.

Mavic

Reaction score
Glad to see that my X2 rocked out pretty good. I mean, I only need my phone to be (so) fast ya know? It's not like I need it to open Photoshop CS5 or Netbeans. As long as I can listen to music, watch videos, text, email, and use maps without any lag then I will be happy with the phone until it can't anymore, which having the Tegra 2, should be a whiiiiile.

tuffD1

Reaction score
YAY! Moto Droid *beat* iphone 4

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

smmfc

Reaction score
Funniest part was seeing the iPhone 3gs meeting out MOTO Droid and iPhone 4

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to know why....its the resolutions. They play a part in the results.