Motorola Officially Unveils the Moto G; Specs & Features Detailed Plus Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;VunSqD1MOjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VunSqD1MOjE[/video]​

The Moto G was officially unveiled this morning. The device could hold some surprising value considering its price. It will be available for $179/£135 for the 8GB version or $199/£159 for the 16GB version. Both of these prices are unlocked and off contract. Here's a breakdown of specs:
  • 4.5-inch LCD, HD (1280 x 720), 326ppi
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, quad-core @ 1.2GHz, Adreno 305
  • RAM 1GB
  • 8GB or 16GB Storage
  • Battery 2070 mAh
  • 5 MP rear LED flash Camera
  • 1.3 MP front Cam
  • 3G/GSM
  • GPS, GLONASS, microUSB, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
  • Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, KitKat update guaranteed in January
  • Dimensions 129.9 x 65.9 x 6-11.6mm
  • Black/White, replaceable colored backplates
Obviously the big hit to this is the lack of LTE support. Regardless, for many average users this could be a tremendous deal. We can see folks snapping this up and heading to T-Mobile for a very affordable total package price. Here's a breakdown of the availability of the device:
  • Initial launch within the next few weeks: Brazil, UK, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Belgium, Germany, Colombia, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Argentina, France, Peru, Chile, Honk Kong, Netherlands, Singapore.
  • Second launch starting rollout in January 2014: US, India, Guatemala, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, Malaysia, Costa Rica, Australia, Honduras, Ghana, New Zealand, El Salvador, Kuwait, Indonesia, Panama, Oman, Ecuador, Uruguay, Jordan, Venezuela, Paraguay, Dominican Republic , UAE.
With these prices this device could become the budget-friendly device of choice across the globe in a short period of time.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a really nice device. I wish it had support for an SDCARD. 8/16 gigs of space just aint gonna cut it for my music and video library.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Motorola just got their feet beneath them with this phone. This is by far the best decision an Android manufacturer has made in a lonnnggggggg time. You can bet this phone will be their best seller well into 2014 and beyond (with other iterations) The Moto G is a game changer

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Would be a great phone to buy off contract in case my wife damages/loses her Maxx or me my One. For $200, it should hold either one of us over until we're eligible for a new phone at 24 months. It might be a good choice for those who want to keep unlimited without spending $400-$700 off contract. I would expect it to be a big seller in countries that don't have contract/subsidized pricing.