Motorola Droid: The Original (Can it be rooted?)

Deadpool

Reaction score
I'm almost at the end of my two year contract and so if I brick my phone it's no big deal, but I'd love to learn how to root the phone. It's a Motorola Droid, running 2.2.2, and the build # is FRG83G. If one of you geniuses out there can help me… I'd love it.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Last edited:

REMilk

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

This should be all you need. Be sure to follow directions carefully. Good luck.

P.S. I wouldn't worry about bricking your device, just follow directions. If your just now getting into rooting and rom'ing and what not, you won't believe what your Droid 1 is capable of.

I had basically do a complete refresh of my phone this past Sunday (June 19), and ended up with 2.2.2 (FRG83G). I followed the instructions as referenced above and it worked very well!

The one thing you need to watch is every place it says press the D-Pad up, you have to know the orientation of your phone. I was in portrait so, I had to press the D-Pad to the right (which is Up when in Landscape).

Good Luck,
Bob

mg8199

Reaction score
I was just in the same boat as you were last week. I used this video.

[video=youtube;0gujjtGzEZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gujjtGzEZw]YouTube - ‪How to Root the Droid (2.2.2)‬‏[/video]

When you follow the link on the YouTube page download his file folder and it's all in there. Follow his text instructions that are in the file folder in conjunction with his video. It was super easy. I'm now rooted and my phone is better than it was when I first got it.

Good luck!

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Impossible to brick a droid dont have,any idea how you,can,stand,using a stock droid...so slowwwww.