Motorola Droid RAZR to Get ICS this Month?

moset

Reaction score
what's soak testing?

Motorola invites people who sign up for their feedback network on their owners forum to test the OTA before general release. Usually the general release follows soon after that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Even though the soak can't be talked about, there's always an influx of.... I just got an email... posts on a bunch of forums. People hear about it.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

moset

Reaction score
Because this will be such a big file to push (300mbs) I'm sure they want it to be very polished before they begin.
The soak involves maybe hundreds instead of thousands of users.
I think that's accurate. How many Razrs are out there?

moset

Reaction score
Even though the soak can't be talked about, there's always an influx of.... I just got an email... posts on a bunch of forums. People hear about it.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Yeah, someone will always violate the confidentiality agreement. They just can't contain their excitement.

georgeo18yal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I call the fact of that article saying soak tests are out bogus. Someone would've said something at this point. If I get soak test, I know I'm immediately posting on here about it. :biggrin: dancedroid

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah and the next update will continue to improve the nexus radios... cuz it still hiccuping.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Did a hard reset,worked for a couple of wks,now starting to do what it did b4 reset.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

helron

Reaction score
Hmm? Dead news day for Verizon Motorola Droid Razr ICS update? Has anyone heard if more Verizon alerts hit inboxes. Been searching and nothing new, except a newer leak. I really think the leaks test soaks. Too many leak versions Dropping quickly. Ya think?

Last edited:

donnie5336

Reaction score
Abaddon said:

Well I called Verizon Friday after I received my text and told them I received it and asked if they knew when that update would take place. They did not say the text was not from them, only stated that they didn't know the exact date of when it would take place and that the update pop-up would come up on my phone. (Which didnt really tell me anything, just the rep didnt seem confused by the text, so who knows)

donnie5336

Reaction score

This report is FALSE. I just checked the VZW Support twitter page and at 12:24PM someone asked the question because they had read that it was spam and VZW Support's response was "We did send out those messages to users that will be affected by the upgrade in order to have time to find other IM solutions. ^MS"

Link: Twitter

And here is a screen shot if it will allow me to uplaod:

View attachment 51143

moset

Reaction score
VZW FREE MSG: We could not identify the sender of that message with the supplied information. Please call *611 for additional help.

So, after reporting the text as spam and providing the phone number reported by SMS, they sent this.
Looks like some of the VZW support team has one story and others have another.
No surprise! Wonder what the truth is?