Moto Z Getting Oreo "In a Few Weeks"

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I've never seen that re: any app.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I think the Notification is new to Oreo. Just not sure why the latest & greatest app version is still prompting that?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks. It's a nice wallpaper. I didn't realize that screenshot has my ICE number on it. Oops! I know better and still slipped up. I edited my post. Could you maybe esit yours and remove the quote with my original screenshot attached? Thanks.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes I was.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
For those using the Android Messages app and have updated to Oreo, are y'all having problems customizing your notification sound for that app? I have mine set for what I've been using for years, but I'm getting some generic sound. I've gone in and tried setting to various other sounds, but it's still coming across as some generic tone...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
For those using the Android Messages app and have updated to Oreo, are y'all having problems customizing your notification sound for that app? I have mine set for what I've been using for years, but I'm getting some generic sound. I've gone in and tried setting to various other sounds, but it's still coming across as some generic tone...
I can only get notifications to work if I use the stock sounds. Custom sounds don't seem to work for me in any app. I saw a post on the Moto Forum over the weekend about Messages sounds, I'll see if I can find the answer posted there.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I can only get notifications to work if I use the stock sounds. Custom sounds don't seem to work for me in any app. I saw a post on the Moto Forum over the weekend about Messages sounds, I'll see if I can find the answer posted there.

Thanks @Sajo!
I've been reading various forums this morning. It looks like there are a lot of really ticked off people in the same boat. I'll try a stock sound and see if that works.

Soccerref12

Reaction score
When I go to choose a ringtone, I can go to the bottom of the list and have the option to "choose a ringtone". Don't you have that option?

Soccerref12

Reaction score
When I go to choose a ringtone, I can go to the bottom of the list and have the option to "choose a ringtone". Don't you have that option?

The option is to "add a ringtone"

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Y'all need to use a real SMS app. Sorry, but Google's sucks. Textra and Pulse embarrass Android Messages. I keep testing AM periodically, but I always go back to Pulse.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
The option is to "add a ringtone"

I've changed it, but it's still some default sound.
5bec750972fc592dece4b57e0866a1c6.jpg

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Y'all need to use a real SMS app. Sorry, but Google's sucks. Textra and Pulse embarrass Android Messages. I keep testing AM periodically, but I always go back to Pulse.

Seriously considering checking that out, Pere.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's not an issue with the Messages app. It's our version of Oreo 8.0. NONE of my apps will "see" any custom ringtone sound or notification sound, and will not let me select them. I can only select stock sounds from ANY app. Maybe this is just a Moto Z & Oreo 8.0 thing, but I have seen quite a few people complaining about this. I could put any SMS app I want on here and it will not let me pick anytyother than a stock notification sound.