MoDaCo Switch Is Coming For The Galaxy S4! Maintain Your Data While Switching Roms!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Jul 30, 2013.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,239
    [​IMG]

There has been an age old problem with running roms. Once you decide to switch roms you have to wipe everything. When the new rom boots up you have to go through the arduous process of restoring everything, that is if you remembered to make a backup. Some folks end up picking a rom, flashing it and just sticking with it to keep from having to go through the mild headache of setting up a new rom. There is a solution to this problem thanks to the development work of Paul O'Brien.

The MoDaCo Switch is not a custom rom. The key feature to the Modaco switch is the ability to one set of data between multiple roms. You can even switch between a custom AOSP rom and a manufacturer rom. This is pretty awesome as in the past you would need to do a complete wipe since parts from one rom wouldn't mesh with parts of a new rom. All of your apps and even the settings for your apps will be maintained. You don't even have to boot into custom recovery to flash new roms, the MoDaCo switch does all the work for you. Just select do you want to switch and the Switch will reboot your phone and do the work in about the same amount of time as a regular boot. Check out the Indiegogo page from the source link below for more info.

Via Indiegogo

• Like Like x 3
  2. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Twitter:
    spc_hicks09
    Amazing!!

3. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +678
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Wow, that looks down right fantastic. Question though, does this mean us S4 owners that don't have unlocked bootloader due to new update can now flash ROMs with this?

4. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    I always do a backup "nanadroid" of all my ROMS using TWRP, on my S3 I have 5 different ROMS on my Micro SD card, including the stock Verizon ROM, so I can switch anytime I want without having to reload all my settings and apps.

5. wicked

wicked Administrator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,740
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    @MikeAlvez
    Yes!!!

Search tags for this page

keep data when switching roms android galaxy s4