MoDaCo Switch Is Coming For The Galaxy S4! Maintain Your Data While Switching Roms!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
20480f17548e341f33deb40385423f94_large.png

There has been an age old problem with running roms. Once you decide to switch roms you have to wipe everything. When the new rom boots up you have to go through the arduous process of restoring everything, that is if you remembered to make a backup. Some folks end up picking a rom, flashing it and just sticking with it to keep from having to go through the mild headache of setting up a new rom. There is a solution to this problem thanks to the development work of Paul O'Brien.

The MoDaCo Switch is not a custom rom. The key feature to the Modaco switch is the ability to one set of data between multiple roms. You can even switch between a custom AOSP rom and a manufacturer rom. This is pretty awesome as in the past you would need to do a complete wipe since parts from one rom wouldn't mesh with parts of a new rom. All of your apps and even the settings for your apps will be maintained. You don't even have to boot into custom recovery to flash new roms, the MoDaCo switch does all the work for you. Just select do you want to switch and the Switch will reboot your phone and do the work in about the same amount of time as a regular boot. Check out the Indiegogo page from the source link below for more info.

Via Indiegogo

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
20480f17548e341f33deb40385423f94_large.png
There has been an age old problem with running roms. Once you decide to switch roms you have to wipe everything. When the new rom boots up you have to go through the arduous process of restoring everything, that is if you remembered to make a backup. Some folks end up picking a rom, flashing it and just sticking with it to keep from having to go through the mild headache of setting up a new rom. There is a solution to this problem thanks to the development work of Paul O'Brien. The MoDaCo Switch is not a custom rom. The key feature to the Modaco switch is the ability to one set of data between multiple roms. You can even switch between a custom AOSP rom and a manufacturer rom. This is pretty awesome as in the past you would need to do a complete wipe since parts from one rom wouldn't mesh with parts of a new rom. All of your apps and even the settings for your apps will be maintained. You don't even have to boot into custom recovery to flash new roms, the MoDaCo switch does all the work for you. Just select do you want to switch and the Switch will reboot your phone and do the work in about the same amount of time as a regular boot. Check out the Indiegogo page from the source link below for more info. Via Indiegogo
Amazing!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Wow, that looks down right fantastic. Question though, does this mean us S4 owners that don't have unlocked bootloader due to new update can now flash ROMs with this?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I always do a backup "nanadroid" of all my ROMS using TWRP, on my S3 I have 5 different ROMS on my Micro SD card, including the stock Verizon ROM, so I can switch anytime I want without having to reload all my settings and apps.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yes!!!